cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

15 Days and counting!!

Hey Guys,

With Christmas fast approaching and only about 15 days to the big man arrives, I thought I’d try and keep the Christmas sprit going with yet another Christmas thread :smileyhappy:

As a kid for me the best part of Christmas was Christmas Eve, my Dad used to always go down to the Video store and rent the scariest movie he could find. All these years later it sort of makes sense as I think this is the only way he could get us to go to bed early lol.

My how times have changed, now for me the favourite part on Christmas, is the Christmas dinner (has to be turkey and ham) followed by and afternoon nap on the sofa lol.

I came across a site last year that really help get the Christmas feeling going, I have three young nephews and they loved the site.

The site is www.noradsanta.org and run by Norad (North American Aerospace Defence Command) and gives live updates on where in the world the big man is. Is there nothing technology can't do :smileywink:

Paddy

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: 15 Days and counting!!

Used that very same site;)

And should anyone want to know when the big man hit the uk, last year, it was 03:50

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Message 3 of 5

Hi DS,

I was up at my sister's house last year for Christmas Eve. Her son who is 8, was very keen to show me that site. I have to say it was brilliant and you could really see the excitement grow as the big man got closer.  It really helped make Christmas for him.

Paddy,

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I passed on the details of the site to many friends and their kids really enjoyed it, though some of their kids wouldn't go to sleep when they should of done......

..... there were some tired eyes the following day!:D

I captured the moment for my own benefit any that didn't see him arrive and gave a copy to them;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

See that's when the scary movies come in handy lol.

I'm pretty sure me and my sisters didn't suffer any long term damage :smileylol:

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”