cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

A second landline for Ultrafast?

Go to solution

Hi there, 

Ok so, I have just renewed my contract for Sky's Superfast Broadband (2 months ago on an 18 month term) I did this because I wasn't expecting my street to be hooked up with Ultrafast anytime soon. As Sod's Law is a very real thing in my life, BT upgraded the exchange last week and now I can get the full 900mb Ultrafast. I desperately want/need this but I am tied in and it would cost around 400quid to cancel my Sky contract. So now I'm looking at options.

1. Is it possible to get a secondary landline in order to get BT's Ultrafast and how much would it be if it is?

2. Not sure if this is the right place for this question but how long will it take Sky to recognise that I can get fttp?

Thanks for your time.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: A second landline for Ultrafast?

Go to solution

if openreach NOT BT retail upgrade your area to FTTP then your existing ISP SKY who use the openreach network will be able to also offer FTTP.  Try calling SKY and see

you can enter your address and see what is on offer and if FTTP available 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry, I meant Openreach. BT says I can get the 900mb option through the checker it has.

Sky doesn't give me the option yet, a problem on Sky's end I believe. Even if Sky was ready to give me Ultrafast it is only the 150mb option which is not what I want.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

did you try the checker I posted?

the fibre which openreach will install will not affect your existing copper phone line and will be a separate connection to an ONT inside your home

you can phone BT FTTP 08005874787 and place an order but you will still have your SKY connection and if you cancel a large fee to pay SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I had to use the address checker on the link you posted and it gave me this..

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
WBC FTTP Up to 1000 Up to 220 -- Available 1 Stage
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Wait, am I reading this wrong... You say Openreach would put a line in for fttp and it would be seperate from Sky's Broadband. Does that mean I could still order BT's fttp 900mb option and just have it run concurrently with Sky?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@DanSyr wrote:

Wait, am I reading this wrong... You say Openreach would put a line in for fttp and it would be seperate from Sky's Broadband. Does that mean I could still order BT's fttp 900mb option and just have it run concurrently with Sky?

Yes you could have SKY FTTC broadband on existing copper phone line and also BT FTTP on the new fibre connection  - bit expensive

0 Ratings