cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adie1
Contributor
Message 27 of 930

Re: Adam and Jane from the BT TV ads - what will happen next?

Yeah i will second that, she does look like the typical moneygrabbing old milf that dumps her annoying stroppy kids on you.

i laugh when i see that adam as theres a lad who lives up my road that looks like him.

he reminds me of danny cool! Smiley Very Happy

Scumbag
Beginner
Message 31 of 930

Adam is an actor hired to play a complete tosser, loser whatever

Jane is an actress hired to play a slag, slapper, etc.

Its not important

If BT thought I would find some sort of synergy with these cardboard cut-out charecters then they have totally misjudged their potential audience.

Please BT if you are going to spend your huge profits then spend them on something worthwhile and useful.

Also the advert for the forthcoming footie, does not bode well with your choice of celebrity endorsements. Michael Owen - injured; Shay Given - Mr (no) Charisma: and the other one who is so well know I do not seem to remember his name.

Who did "Adams" ball juggling stunts?

Is it worth bothering?

Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 930

Whenever I see a BT ad, I know it's time to leave the room and put the kettle on.

Who cares???

Hear, hear!

Whenever I see any ad at all, I know it's time to leave the room.

But there was one good one years ago for Fosters - some dorky-looking guy turns up at a beachside bar and 2 lounging studs, asserting their cool manhood, voice repeated false assumptions about him to each other, each assumption quickly proved wrong, like they say he looks such a nerd he must have a dull low-paid job, and can't possibly pull the chicks, and the barman greets him with "Hello Professor", then he actually fulfils a prediction to their glee by ordering 2 snowballs, but they turn out to be for 2 chicks who rush up to nestle beside him, and he follows the order with "and a Fosters for me".

BT have really screwed up with that campaign. I'll not be looking out for some new pathetic twist to the "story".

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Message 36 of 930

Nick finds out that Jane has been cheating using his new faster BT broadband, he follows this up with a free weekend phone call to the local hitman.

winston
Message 39 of 930

i agree who does care, it is only an advert, one with a story line which BT has copied from 1987 and the Nescafe gold blend advert.

Birdingbury
Message 40 of 930

Adam & Jane run up a massive bill......They get numerous threatening letters from BT and eventually get CUT OFF!!!! Then the debt collectors send hidious amounts of letters, adding charges of £25.00 each. When the baliffs turn up Adam & Jane just say " CALM DOWN DEAR..IT'S ONLY A COMERCIAL!!!!" Ha Ha.

Evie
Beginner
Message 41 of 930

Jane is telling Adam how exited she is about the wedding when he lets slip that they are moving to an area where BT are unable to provide a fast connection.  Jane just says 'oh' in a fairly bland way.

Cut to a repetition of the first ad where a man talks about a new woman he is seeing and her children moving in.  The man talking isn't Adam, but we see that the woman is Jane.

Cut to Adam looking fustrated as he tries to download something.  Jane's first husband walks in with a cup of coffee and a sympathetic look.

commonsence
Message 43 of 930

Well I just cringe every time I see these adds. Unfortunately there are people out there who are influenced by these and react accordingly. I know someone whos wife was mentally ill and used to watch them thinking this was great and the thing to do. She left leaving him to bring up the kids not the adds fault of course but they didnt help at a very awkward time. A national company promoting broken families is what it says to me. Sorry but there's only one outcome for me she runs back to her original hardworking husband in tears stating that she's made a terrible mistake. He then tells her he feels very sad for her but it was her choice to leave and since she has now been with another man he can't take her back. He'd like to but then she's likely to let him down again in the future. Oh the original husband was genuine unlike the parasite that was hanging around with her and his kids. The guys Adam's a wally but he shouldnt waste his time with this woman, she runs back to Adam who now not so confused tells her to get lost. Actually what should happen is that whoever set this whole senario up should realise a lot of your customers don't like them and would prefer information about the products. These adds have no connection with the hardworking bt staff and are giving the company a bad name. Oh by the way what happened to my friend, well, after 3 years after she left she arrived at her former husbands door in tears, what she didnt say was that the boyfriend she'd been tormenting him about since she left had dumped her. What did my friend do? Well he was really nice to her but explained that he had almost died due to her carry on and there was no way he was going to put himself through all that again. He has since met a beautiful woman who adores him and his children.  

Tags (1)
thesinger
Message 44 of 930

Who cares?

adie1
Contributor
Message 45 of 930

Exactly, who cares!

mind bt have never been any good with adverts.

i got well and truly fed up with bob hoskins and his **bleep** slogan "Its good to talk"

Tags (2)