cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Allowing access to OpenReach teams

Go to solution

Hello - last weekend OpenReach were in my street, and an engineer knocked on my door. He said they were trying to run a cable into my neighbour's property, for superfast broadband, but there was a blockage where the cable should enter his property, under a low party fence at the front.  He said two further blockages had been found, further along the street.   He asked for permission for another team to come and dig up; he couldn't say whether this would be 'a man with a spade' or a mechanical digger. Either way, it will mean them disturbing a large flower-bed which is in full bloom at present.  Although I initially said it was OK, and he submitted an online order, putting an 'x' rather than me signing (because of Covid rules), I have now reconsidered, and would like to withdraw my permission - but only until the end of the Summer. I would not mind them digging up once all my flowers and plants have finished. I have tried contacting OpenReach online, but all I get is 'Evie', the VA, who doesn't seem to have a facility for understanding this dilemma.

Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing, please?   I don't want to be awkward about this, but I am with Virgin media, and although OR said they would also lay a cable to my house in case I needed it in future,  I really don't want all my hard work in my garden to be ruined for something which I don't want to be a part of!  (I am a pensioner, on my own, and loathe confrontation...)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Allowing access to OpenReach teams

Go to solution

@JanLiz 

This is a BT Customer forum with no connection with Openreach. You may get a reply here, if not, try one of the public broadband forums like https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Don't expect to be on good terms with your neighbours if you intend stopping openreach repairing their phone line. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The neighbour who is having the line has actually helped me with this, and OpenReach have not needed to dig up my garden after all.

I don't know why you even bothered posting such an obviously unhelpful comment....would have expected more from a so-called ' Distinguished Guru'.