cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Am now with TalkTalk. BT YouView EPG now switched to TalkTalk TV EPG.

I recently decided to leave BT for Broadband and Landline after 9 years and am now taking my services from TalkTalk.

But I just thought I'd ask the BT community about  something I discovered after switching my services.

My BT YouView box EPG and menu now shows TalkTalk TV on the menu screens in place of where BT would've been displayed with the background colours also changed.

But I was wondering, had I switched to another broadband provider such as Vodaphone, Plusnet, SSE or NOW Broadband that I was also considering switching to at the time, would my YouView box still work to be able to display the EPG, play back Catch-Up TV and record programmes since those other providers don't have their own TalkTalk YouView service?

Or would my BT YouView box had carried on working as though I was still with BT with the BT logo menu screens?

Or would all catch-up services, EPG and recording features all become disabled?

Hope my queries can be clarified in some way.

Many Thanks in advance if you're able to help and reply back.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Am now with TalkTalk. BT YouView EPG now switched to TalkTalk TV EPG.

@brymbo76 

As you are no longer a BT Retail customer, try the public YouView forum.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussions

TalkTalk also has their own forum as well The TalkTalk Members Forums 

Thanks

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

I know i'm not a BT customer anymore but I just thought I'd ask here first as I'm already registered on the BT forums and I wondered if there was anyone else reading this who has switched internet providers that own a YouView box where the operation of the box may have been affected by switching Internet providers.
Hope someone with any technical know-how on these matters is able to help.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

YouView is supported by a number of providers, so if you ask on the YouView forum, you should be able to get an answer. People on this forum will only see BT branding, if they switched providers, then they would not be posting on this forum.

A few posts on that YouView forum, there are plenty more.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7478912/my-youview-retail-box-now-has-bt-tv-tt-tv-b...

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/4874521/is-there-a-way-to-de-brand-a-youview-box-i-...

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@brymbo76 

Firstly, the Youview box will continue to work as a Freeview PVR regardless of who is your ISP. The EPG, catch-up etc will all remain as they are ISP independent.

The branding , background etc will change however as you've seen with your move to TT. If you went to an ISP that doesn't have a Youview service then I think the box would then appear as a normal retail unit.

Future software updates will be on the schedule of the original supplying ISP.

The only real effect of changing ISP is that any recordings of TV programs supplied by the ISP you're moving from will be lost, eg BT SPort recordings.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

The BT branded skin in the EPG comes from your Youview box ISP config - if you are on a BT line you will see this theme. If you have a different broadband supplier you may see the YouView skin  or if that supplier has an agreement with Youview a skin relevant to that suppler - this is normal behaviour.