cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lancedyer
Message 1 of 35

BT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RUBBISH

Just tried to contact BT about pricing Broadband after getting a quote from Sky - no reply from 0800 678 1958 after 25 minutes.

Sky gave me a clear quote within a couple of minutes and no doubt will be cheaper than BT.

Sky's line was answered by a pleasant Scots bloke - no doubt I would have ended up in India with BT.

I am going to take up Sky's offer - so goodbye and good riddance BT!!

34 REPLIES 34
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 35

Re: BT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RUBBISH

This is a waste of a post and I think that the mods should delete. It's not our fault that u have no patience, BT is one of the busiest companies. Think next time 😕
Highlighted
dodgy368
Contributor
Message 3 of 35

How much was their offer?
Raven2010
Contributor
Message 4 of 35

@Ian1957 wrote:
This is a waste of a post and I think that the mods should delete. It's not our fault that u have no patience, BT is one of the busiest companies. Think next time :/

25 minutes for any company is a discrase and yes skys offer will be cheaper and probably better service, specially as you can speak to someone you can understand!

halo636
Beginner
Message 5 of 35

I agree with this post.

The best ones are where you say, I have already done all this with no positive results, yet they make you do it again.
vhvet
Message 6 of 35

Oh ha ha ha , priceless! Did BT pay you a bonus to write that? If I took 25 minutes to answer customer phon calls then we'd have gone out of business years ago. BT really IS rubbish.

ukiscapput
Message 7 of 35

You need infinite patience when dealing with Bt. It is impossible to speak to anyone in the UK othr than an operator who no matter what you explain to them put you through to India. They are as much use as a catflap in a submarine.

For instance I said, 'I have tested my mother's telephone equipment in my house on my line. It is OK but does not work connected to her line.@

India replies, 'So you have moved house.'

I pointed this out to a bt operator who thought that was a reasonable assumption for the Indian to make.

God help us.

It took four hours to not to actually speak to an engineer. You just cannot speak to anyone in the UK and you certainly cannot speak to anyone with any technical ability.

Bt is absolute garbage at customer service. It is worse than NTL (Nobody takes longer)

ukiscapput
Message 8 of 35

The only reason I remain with rubbish Bt is because I am outside the 12 month contract and do not want to have another elsewhere because as soon as I can I am leaving this Godforsaken, socially, culturally, politically and morally bankrupt country.

MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 35

There are broadband teams based in Milton Keynes and Exeter but getting put through to them is a complete nightmare.

Has anyone considered how Gaelic-speaking-only customers deal with BT?  Do they have a special number that we can hijack?

It would certainly be nice if the Mod team could host a webchat regarding broadband technical support though I'm not sure how productive it would be.  Perhaps a mass protest where we all ask for our bills and communications in special accessible formats would drive the point home.  Lol.

dlbro
Message 10 of 35

I'v had a problem with BT (They disconnected me ) spoke to many Indians a lady in cornwall and some Northern operatives .
Total farce Talk about the blind leading the blind