Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dontshoot56
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT HOME WIFI DROPPING OUT

Dear Sir, on the 29th October I purchased

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi, Pack of 4 Discs, Mesh Wi-Fi for seamless, speedy (AC2600) connection

I have four discs

I purchased BT Whole Home Mesh Network about  1 week  ago. The first disc is connected via Ethernet to my Virgin Media router. (350mbs)  The other three discs are placed around the house with 'good' signal back to the main disc.

They are running the latest firmware

The discs performed well for the first few days however for the past few days I have lost WIFI connection several times a day. My apple phone disconnects from the network and when I go into the WIFI settings it says the BT Whole Home WIFI has no internet. All the lights on the discs are still solid blue. My laptop has bee running a ping every 5 seconds to google.com and shows it dropping out every few minutes.. My desktop PC on the other hand is attached by ethernet cable to one of the BT WIFI discs and never drops out. ALL my WIFI connected devices drop out. iPhone, watches and iPad and laptops/

My  virgin media router says it is still connected to the internet. I have also pinged this every 5 seconds for 24 hours and it NEVER drops out – wirelessly.

To get the BT whole home working again I turn off the disc connected to the router on and off and then I can get WIFI again. For a while.

1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT HOME WIFI DROPPING OUT

@dontshoot56 

This is just a customer to customer forum, and your posting here does not go to BT, they are just the moderators.

As this is a forum for customers of BT Retail, phone and broadband,  you would be better posting on the Virgin Media forum.

This link has lots of information https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=...

If you have issue with the discs themselves, then it would be best to ring the product helpdesk.

There is one post from one of the BT Device experts which may help if you have problems.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/m-p/1908749#M72...