Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6

Hello all,

I've recently changed over from BT broadband to EE, and now have a spare HUB 6.

I do use TP Link powerline adapters running from the EE hub up to my office upstairs and use the Wireless and Ethernet ports on the adapter.

I have noticed that the wireless on the TP link adapters are not as good as the Wireless on the BT router. So i've been trying to link the TP link powerline adapters to the BT Hub upstairs and using the hub as a secondary router. Ive changed the setting in the BT HUb, swtiched off WPS, changed the firewall and everything seems to be.

My laptop is connected to the hub 6 wireless and getting a better signal strength than i was on the TP link adapters, but for some reason my One Plus 6T, and Huawei Media Pad will not connect to the BT hub wirelessly.

I hope someone will have a answer and i will be greatly appreciative for your responce

Thanks

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6

May i note, ive recently just tested my partners computer and the laptop will not connect to the HUB, seems to be my laptop only connects as I changed the settings on this laptop. Will this make a difference?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Have you asked on the EE user forum, as this is the BT Retail customer forum?

All Posts - The EE Community

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Perhaps if you told us what settings you changed on the laptop it would give us a bit of a clue why the other devices don't work. Have you tried making the same settings change on those?