cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deadman
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity is a poor value product.

With Sky now offering 40/10 for £20 a month plus cheaper line rental and cheaper calls (free calls eves and weekends) BT's offering is poor value.

The capped at 40GB service is the biggest pain. It's not so much the cap with is ridiculously low in this day and age on a 'superfast' broadband connection but the fact that the usage monitor is absolute garbage and the throttling of P2P. My parents cannot make use of streaming TV services that I 'could' setup for them on their TV for fear of running over their cap!

Also.

The usage monitor should update realtime! If not then at least several times a day. Yet we have to wait 2-3 days to find out how much data we have used and wonder if it is accurate or not. At least if it was updated more regular you could download something large and see if it tallys with the monitor.

As it stands NOBODY knows if their monitor is 100% accurate and are having to 'trust' BT that it is. What are BT doing anyhow? Entering the data manually every few days? If so then it is subject to human error! If automated then why the hell does it take days to update??? It's a computer system it should be able to handle realtime or near realtime monitoring!

OK. So you can say if I am not happy with the capped service then I should pay more for unlimited (which ties you into another 12 month contract btw).

1. Unlimted is overpriced when we could move to Sky and pay less.

2. My mother is a stick in the mud and it was hard enough getting her to agree to get Infinity due to it requiring DD. She does not want to switch her phone service to Sky (untrusting) even though they are perfectly fine and a lot cheaper than BT.

Anyhow this is my rant at BT for being so damned crabby with their broadband offerings. Either they need to up the damned cap (it's been like this for over two years and people need more bandwidth now!) and make the usage monitor work better or reduce the cost of unlimited. Plus they need to remove the throttle on P2P. From what I have read Sky does not throttle P2P traffic. I can see how BT want to have two distinctive products and encourage users to switch to unlimited but they are REALLY being harsh with such a low cap.

Unfortunately too many people are like those who refuse to switch energy providers. They don't shop around. BT rely on this fact to extort people. More fool the people allowing this to happen.

I expect this post to get deleted but I needed to say this.

BT your service is not good value anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
deadman
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity is a poor value product.

Thanks for moving me from the highly visible BT Infinity (76701 posts) forum where my post is relevant to a low visibility (7390 posts) forum. Sneaky.

At least you did not delete the post but it's nearly as bad!

ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

I would hazard a guess that this post was moved out of the Infinity board because you weren't posting questions about connection or speed problems (as per the board instructions) - you were having a general rant about a BT product, several services and a comparison to their competitors products - and this is the correct place for it.

Your other post and the link to this one remained where they were because they were relevant to that specific board.

deadman
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

My post was specifically about the BT Infinity product including usage, the usage monitor, throttling (speeds) etc. Sure I am having a rant about price and competition but my beef is one of a technical nature despite my rant about value for money.

I would think the forum of BT Infinity is for just that. If it is only for problems with your connection then that is a very narrow topic indeed. Plus I am reading other threads unrelated to connection problems that have not been moved. It appears to me more a case of blatantly trying to put my post in a less visible area rather than just deleting it entirely and facing a complaint from me.
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

If you are unhappy about your post being moved raise it with the Mod Team (link below).

I can see no real questions in your post however just a rant and a disputable claim that another provider is better. These are subjective judgements rather than fact based arguments.

I personally prefer the BT product and prefer the price I pay as I think it represents excellent value for money and a quality service. That's a subjective viewpoint.

I am not anti the other providers, I have television from them as well as from BT and from Netflix.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Guru
Message 6 of 7

If people wanted to see Information and other customers experince I would expect them to use the Infinity and not look in the "The Lounge".

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

As I said if you are unhappy contact the Mods

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.