krisparker110

BT Openreach Engineer Jobs

Hi,

I have looked everywhere for somewhere to apply to openreach as an engineer, as I have wanted to work for them for a very long time.

Does anyone know where to apply? I have tried the main sites (www.btgroupcareers.com, www.btplc.com/groupcareers/ and www1.hays.co.uk/jobs/openreach) but they never seem to have engineer jobs.

I also found this http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=EE6CB55B-62BF-4AE8-8BE7-B8EA5C0650D5 which is saying that there has just been 150 permanant jobs created, I would love a crack at applying.

cheers in advance,

Kris

Expert
DeanM

Re: BT Openreach Engineer Jobs

The main BT Group apprenticeship site can be found at http://www.bt4me.co.uk/. If you sign up I believe you'll be advised when apprenticeships are available in your area :smileyhappy: Have a read through the FAQs on there for more info.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
astar27

you've missed the boat if you wanted to start in september.  if you apply now, you might be waiting a long time to here something, i believe there are a few posts to start in january next year, but you won't have a hub day till around about october/november time this year. there are so customer service roles available at the moment but they would be of little relevance to you. 

what happens is basically, you do the english and maths tests and a few simple questions on the bt4me site.  and then if you are successful you will be sifted through and invited to a 'hub day' which is where they recruit the apprentices, they put them through a series of tests in the morning which they are assessed on, with individual and group qualities assessed.  they have a quick 10 minute informal chat with you to find abit out about you.  Then if you're not successful through to the afternoon stages you will be told to go home at lunchtime.  then if you are lucky enough to go into the afternoon you will have formal interviews for about an hour to an hour and a half.  there are roughly 2 formal interviews per apprentice place.  it is a very gurling process, but if successful, the rewards are great!

Beginner
questions

Hi,

I am due to leave the armed forces and I know BT Openreach like to employ alot of Royal Signals technicians.  I am currently looking at a job with BT, but is there room to progress on this, I have other talants like prince 2 and ccna and a HND in telecommunications and also high security clearance

So my basic question, can I move up the ranks or is it just to stay as a openreach engineer and what is a frame engineer and how do I get on to the installation of secure networks for government linkes etc

thanks for any responses

Lee

Expert
astar27

Your best bet would be to look here for jobs http://www.btplc.com/careercentre/index.cfm . Or you could apply via the Apprenticeship route. If you wanted to work on the governmental type side of things, then Openreach would not be the people to go with. That would be more the things covered by Operate.
Badcop921

I believe open reach are now focusing employment mainly on ex forces
Expert
Deathtrap3000

They have just taken on a load of new apprentices.

danvearer

hi i had an interview with openreach in april in watford, i had a colour blind test and they took my uniform size, they told me i would hear back in 2 weeks still not heard anything, does this mean i was unsuccessful, been left in limbo not knowing. has anyone else had an interview recently

Aspiring Expert
totalmess

If you can wrap a plastic bag around a leaking wiring junction box up a pole you should get the job .........

wadkin09

i am due to leave the armed forces, royal signals as an installation technician, and woundered when they were taking on again and how to apply