cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mcauley74
Message 1 of 4

BT Openreach - I have a job offer

I've just been offered a job with Openreach but I am trying to discover what a typical working day would consist of - hours wise.  I have kids and a partner who works and although at my interview the hours were described as 'flexible', I seem to be hearing that it is not the case.  I need flexible hours and it will be hard enough finding childcare for the eight weeks I will be away training without discovering I can't actually do the job because of time constraints.

I originally applied for the job via the Openreach website which very much reads as the perfect family-friendly job but I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light before I waste anyone's time.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Openreach - I have a job offer

These documents should give you guidance.

CWU

and

Flexible working

Rickybhoy23
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Sorry different subject mate. I have an interview this week was looking for some info on questions etc?? I would appreciate your help.
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I don't think the job will be as flexible as you think. You may be able to start early and finish early or start late and finish late but that is where the flexibility stops. You will not be able to come and go as you please. They have to arrange appointments days in advance for customers.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.