Aspiring Contributor
alcook101

BT PREMIUM EMAIL CONTACT NUMBER - 0800 633 5335 - Option 2

Following moving from BT Broadband to another supplier I wanted to keep my btinternet email addresss.

Having just wasted a lot of time trying to get this sorted out, this how I got it sorted out.

THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT WORK:

1) The BT website options do not work. The web page is not set up for chrome. When using internet explorer it just came up with "problem with account" when I tried to log in.

2) Ringing 0800-633-5335 - option 3 - the operator (David) did not really know what he was doing and I got nowhere. In the usual BT way was very polite and the same time completely unhelpful.

THE FOLLOWING WORKED:

In the end I rang 0800-633-5335 option 2. I got through to someone called "Sid".

He eventually took my mobile number and rang through to another department to "downgrade" my email. This is a requirement of BT before upgrading to BT Premium email.

Sid rang me back and said it was all sorted and that the charge was £ 1.54 per month. Therefore my emails and the email address would be preserved.

He said there was a fault with the system in which a password change would be asked for. He said to ignore this - for this situation password change is not required.

Sid then said that billing would be separate and could not be included on a BT bill. Therefore bank details were required.

This didn't sound too good, however I didn't have much choice. 

When logging into my email I then got this message:

Service Change

Thank you for changing services.
With this service change, you will be receiving the following level of service:
PRODUCT LEVEL OF SERVICE

Mailbox Storage Unlimited primary, Unlimited sub

Photo Storage Unlimited

Number of Sub Accounts

BT could not have made the process more difficult for both the customer and the service representative. 

The objective of this email is to provide others leaving BT Broadband with the information required to maintain their email address.