cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT blocking a website

I have a band website that has no profanity or sexual stuff on it and BT has blocked it, the site is www.blackholelovers.com and it refers to a black hole is a region of spacetime where gravity is so strong that nothing—no particles or even electromagnetic radiation such as light—can escape from it. The theory of general relativity predicts that a sufficiently compact mass can deform spacetime to form a black hole.  The boundary of no escape is called the event horizon.
We are releasing an EP soon, and request BT unblocks the site and stops listing it is harmful content.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT blocking a website

A similar domain exists "The Black Hole Lovers is the project of musician/producer Opi Nelson.
www.theblackholelovers.com" but I can't reach either version.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Both those sites are unreachable on VirginMedia too - so I think the issue is elsewhere. Tried a couple of different VPNs too.

ozsat_0-1626757969770.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I'd contact your hosting company, your website is available via BT/EE mobile network but from a BT broadband connection even a trace and ping don't work, @ozsat  tried without success from a VM connection as well, it's not a block, more likely the DNS settings.

C:\Users\Richie>tracert www.blackholelovers.com
Unable to resolve target system name www.blackholelovers.com.

C:\Users\Richie>ping www.blackholelovers.com
Ping request could not find host www.blackholelovers.com. Please check the name and try again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Really appreciate your help with that. Cheers

0 Ratings