cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT blocking a website

Go to solution

When trying to access a webpage any pings to it time out, and I know it is not my router or the website because I have used a vpn to access it just fine. My main problem is that because it is not responding, a program I use is reliant on it and will crash if it can’t connect to the server.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT blocking a website

Go to solution

Without mentioning the website that you say BT are blocking it's impossible for anyone help... I'm kinda thinking that it maybe a live sports website or illegal streaming service that you're trying to access, if it is it's probably been blocked by a court order as a bulk load have recently been subject to a court order issued to all isp's. If that's the case, it's not bt's fault as they were following court orders.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Nope, neither of those. Just while I was trying to refresh once it shown the “scam” splashscreen with the bt logo, warning that it may be a scam

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Fair enough. The antivirus software could have detected some malware on the site in that case or a security certificate could be out of date. You'd probably be better off reporting it to the website so they can investigate from their end 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings