cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Perry
Message 1 of 11

BT call Guardian on BT8610

Go to solution

Very recently BT call guardian kicks in on stored contacts/allowed numbers to make them announced calls. It did this once when I myself tried to phone my home number, but on redialling, it got through. But yesterday it routed a call from my number and at least one other number to call guardian. I have notice that the display on my phone (BT8610) did not light up and display anything at all and on viewing the number which has tried to call, put the call down as "no number". Is this a problem with the phone itself or another issue. Is there a solution?

10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT call Guardian on BT8610

Go to solution

@1Perry 

Who provides your phone service?

1Perry
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

TalkTalk

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @1Perry 

I would try to isolate the problem. First connect the phone to your Test socket and see if the problem persists. If the problem remains then I would try a corded phone with caller display. This should tell you if it is the phone, internal wiring or TalkTalk caller display. If it is the phone try the product help desk. All other problems you need to speak to TalkTalk.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55305/~/bt8610-advanced-call-blocker

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432

1Perry
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for your response. I might be able to try the connection to the master socket (if it is not already connected) but I don't have a corded phone with caller display. But as I am not at home at the moment I will investigate the master socket connection tonight.

Thank you

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@1Perry wrote:

TalkTalk

As this is a BT Retail forum for BT customers, you need to post on the TalkTalk user forum, as its most likely to be a fault with either the line, or their exchange equipment.

The TalkTalk Members Forums

1Perry
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Ah OK! - thank you Keith.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@1Perry wrote:

Ah OK! - thank you Keith.

These phones are simply BT badged for use with any provider. There is a dedicated helpdesk number in the manual, but in most cases, the malfunction you describe is due to a corrupted or missing caller display signal which is sent down the line just before the first ring is sent out.

Corrupted signals can also be caused by faulty broadband filters in the broadband equipment, but in most cases, its due to a line fault which would need to be looked at by Openreach.

1Perry
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Wow - thanks Keith. If it is a line fault how do I get in touch with Openreach or do I need to do this through Talktalk?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@1Perry wrote:

Wow - thanks Keith. If it is a line fault how do I get in touch with Openreach or do I need to do this through Talktalk?

Via TalkTalk, you need to get them to test the line. You cannot contact Openreach direct as they only deal with Service Providers.