Re: BT duct cover?

Go to solution

Definitely not Openreaches. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Yep, can also confirm not openreach or any  of the previous companies 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

So last night, i managed to shine a light down into, get a good look down the hole thats appeared in this cover. I was able to see what looked like a passage for water and openings at either end of it. 

So i've reported it back to Severn Trent again, as it's got to be theres I suspect now so hopefully they can fix.

OR did have a quick look this morning too and said it's definately not theres either.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Looking at the logo, the bar to lift and your dimensions, it might be one of these:

https://www.polypipe.com/housing/below-ground-drainage/drainage/inspection-chambers-covers-and-frame...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

FWIW, I would have thought that this cover,  although covering ‘water’ services, because it’s on the OP’s property is nothing to do with Severn Water in that , when they visited previously, and said something along the lines as,  ‘nothing to do with us’ , wasn’t to say the cover wasn’t an access point to water/sewage, just that it’s the householders drain cover , and the householders responsibility to replace it ( if it needs to be replaced )

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@iniltous 

That would be the most likely answer, and the image on the website posted by @darrendz1 , is the nearest match.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Severn trent turned up again today and now agreed that it is there responsibility due to it being a shared drain.

Only issue now though is that they couldn't actually remove the cover so likely to need to dig.

Anyway, thats for everyone's input on this so far.

0 Ratings