airlybird

BT in Hull and surrounding area

When are BT going to come into Hull and give Karoo some competition. There are many karoo customers who would relish the chance to change from Karoos like it or lump it attitude. We are not getting a fair service from them and are missing out on the many alternative offers available from BT. 

Sage
john46

Re: BT in Hull and surrounding area

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators  you would need to contact BT direct  yourself 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
db218

That is really a question for OFCOM and will probably never happen unless the Hull area is forcibly opened up to competition.

The former Kingston communications has a monopoly there, just as BT and previously the GPO had everywhere else, once upon a time
Contributor
monarchjock

BT have been able to operate in Hull since 1998 but choose not to.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/consumer/advice/faqs/telcofaq15.htm
Expert
rhyds

I would very much doubt BT will go anywhere near Hull. It's all down to how the telephones were nationalised in the 20s, the GPO (post office) ended up with all the phone companies/local council phone system apart from Hull's.

Also, it seems that KC have used a different (and incompatable) size of phone cable to BT meaning that other Broadband suppliers' kit won't work with KC lines even if they did get access to the exchanges.

Contributor
Haribo

I was going to ask this in the BT sport section but I may as well raise it here:

What is the position for people in Hull with BT sport? Can they get it in any way?

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Haribo wrote:

What is the position for people in Hull with BT sport? Can they get it in any way?

Pay for it on Sky.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
Haribo

pottyperson wrote:

Haribo wrote:

Pay for it on Sky.

Oh yes hadn't thought of that. Bit of a bummer though to be forced to have satellite and pay £12 per month and £15 activation. Hull are in the premier league too.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

My ex (born in Hull:smileyfrustrated:) and our younger daughter have season tickets at the KFC. I'm a long-time Chelsea supporter, though my last season ticket cost £43! 17 August will be fun.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
Haribo

pottyperson wrote:

My ex (born in Hull:smileyfrustrated:) and our younger daughter have season tickets at the KFC. I'm a long-time Chelsea supporter, though my last season ticket cost £43! 17 August will be fun.

Well, either the 17th or the 18th. The wisdom seems to be that Sky will take that game and show it on the Sunday, mainly because of the Mourinho return. It is a big game for Hull's first.

Personally I can't stand Mourinho so I will be cheering Hull on.:smileyembarrassed: