cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT openreach fibre connection box and Vodafone?

Go to solution

Hi.  I'm very new to all of this so sorry in advance for my ignorance and all the wrong words I'll no doubt use 😂. My dad recently passed away and i'm trying to set up a new broadband service for my mum. My dad was originally on Pink Connect, he had a business account and his broadband was connected to his home-office phone, but the wifi was also used for personal use within the house too. The hub was connected to a BT openreach fibre connection box. I've now signed up for Vodafone broadband which is due to go live tomorrow, however they say it will be connected to the phone number 346***, which is the house phone number. The phone socket in the house is no longer available, it was removed and plastered over when my parents redecorated last year. The only phone socket in the house is the one in my dads office but that's a whole different phone line and a different number. I'm worried when I plug the vodafone hub into it, it's not going to work.  Do you think it will work if i connect the hub to the BT openreach box? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT openreach fibre connection box and Vodafone?

Go to solution

if the phone socket is for a different number to the number you have used for your new broadband then no it will not work

you need to take this up with Vodafone as this is a BT RETAIL customer forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I've spoken to Vodafone about this 3 times and each time they tell me the phone line is active but they don't seem to understand the actual problem. 

I asked the question on here as it's a BT openreach fibre connection box and I thought someone may know if it would work with a Vodafone hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Caroline81 wrote:

I've spoken to Vodafone about this 3 times and each time they tell me the phone line is active but they don't seem to understand the actual problem. 

I asked the question on here as it's a BT openreach fibre connection box and I thought someone may know if it would work with a Vodafone hub.

No its just an Openreach box, it has nothing to do with BT Retail. "BT Openreach" does not exist as Openreach are a separate company. Vodaphone will have to sort it out with Openreach, or you will have to wait until  Openreach visit, and find the problem

This forum is for people who pay BT Retail for their service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you. The box says BT openreach so I just assumed it was related to BT. As I said I know nothing about this and it's all so confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings