cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasryan
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT or plusnet ?

Moving house at the end of the month, looking for recommendations for internet. BT and Plusnet only credible options. Looks like Plusnet are cheaper but the equipment is crappier. Anyone got any expletive with either a customer service? Reliability? Delivered speeds? and anything else other than i have mentioned..

Urgent replies and suggestions will be appreciated 🙂

Thanks 

Hey Its Thomas
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT or plusnet ?

It is against forum rules to discus/compare prices of other ISPs.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

@thomasryan 

Sorry, its against forum rules to discuss other providers.

I suggest that you post on a public forum which has no affiliation with any specific provider.

Try https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/

Thanks

lifeonmars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

plusnet is owned by BT so is ee.  Plusnet router Hub one according to many on their community pages is not very good and many will use the BT Smart Hub/ BT Home hub,  both which works with plusnet but not ee. . You have to change the settings which is easily done and many instructions on how to do it on their community  pages.  Must admit that reading the  community forums for help, plusnet have   no problems discussing each others branding as they are all  owned by the same company BT, just different branding and offices. So is this braking forum rules ?  Not talking about other companies just brands within the same company ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

@lifeonmars 

I think the fact that there are 2 separate community forums speaks for itself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
lifeonmars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Not necessarily, plusnet community discuss all things relating to their branding and problems,

whilst I would think this BT one,  discusses problems with BT. same for ee.

Although forum rules state that one is not allowed to discuss other providers.  Is discussing plusnet or ee another provider ? under the t&c ?   They are all owned by the provider BT. but branded differently .

plusnet community have no problem with customers discussing BT or ee, 

Do I hear a supreme Court judgement coming on ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

at present the forum is BT Retail so any other company includes others within BT Group - until rule is changed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

@imjollywrote:

at present the forum is BT Retail so any other company includes others within BT Group - until rule is changed

I am reading BT Community Terms of Use

which says under 6.3 You must not ....post...any content that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

f) Discussions that......promote products or services from other providers

Is that the basis for disallowing this discussion or am I looking in the wrong place, please?

Also, would it be possible, please, to have a customer definition of "BT Retail" - I have seen this term referred to a number of number of times in this forum  but, as a layperson, I can't relate the term to anything I have seen or heard published by BT.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 18

The provision of broadband is made by an Internet Service Provider -ISP.  BT, EE , Plusnet and so on are individual ISPs so this being the BT forum then other suppliers are by definition other ISPs ie providers.

Re BT Retail -On a very simplistic level BT is made up of Retail and Wholesale.  Retail relates to the general public and Wholesale covers everything else , including infrastructure.

Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

@lifeonmarswrote:

Although forum rules state that one is not allowed to discuss other providers.  Is discussing plusnet or ee another provider ? under the t&c ?   They are all owned by the provider BT. but branded differently .

plusnet community have no problem with customers discussing BT or ee, 

Do I hear a supreme Court judgement coming on ?

I assume your last sentence is rhetorical.

Each forum has their own rules. BT and Plusnet set their own and are different. Both actually posted at the end of September 2014.

The companies are completely separate entities with their own products and staff.