cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT or plusnet ?

If you are free to discuss what you want on the other forums the simple answer is to go onto those forums and discuss it there!

Message 12 of 18

Hi @lifeonmars

Although Plusnet are part of the BT Group they operate as an independent ISP.  So the term quoted above relates to all ISP's.

Cheers,

Robbie

Peter23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

BT is a monopoly and bully   Won’t allow debate 

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

I moved from REDACTED to BT and for me, it has been a positive move for the following reasons:

•  Taking advantage of new customer deals and negotiating means I am paying almost the same
  •  The average download speed is 8 - 9mb faster
  •  The supplied kit is better in every way
  •  The upgrade options are greater/more attractive
  •  There is more included in the packages as standard

Hope this helps. 

lifeonmars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

I have just moved here from Plusnet, but find these forums nothing like the plus net forums were one can discuss anything,  within reason,  Find these forums so restricted and not friendly or helpful to others to be honest. Thats my thinking only been new costumer here  for two weeks.  Seems too restricted and so BT focused.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

@lifeonmarswrote:

I have just moved here from Plusnet, but find these forums nothing like the plus net forums were one can discuss anything,  within reason,  Find these forums so restricted and not friendly or helpful to others to be honest. Thats my thinking only been new costumer here  for two weeks.  Seems too restricted and so BT focused.

I completely disagree with you. I have always found the forum to be helpful in solving my problems even over an extended period. If I didn't understand anything I would ask for a muppets guide breakdown.
I prefer it to be purely "BT focused" as that is who my ISP is and that is who I am having problems with. I don't want to see a load of threads relating to other providers - this is after all a BT forum for help.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

I could be wrong but I and no doubt others would expect any forum named "BT Community Forum" that has been set up for BT customers and states in its Welcome post "The BT Community forum is a support forum whereby BT customers can interact with other BT customers with the aim of either seeking help and advice or offering expertise to help other customers.  The goal of our forum is to give customers an arena to share their expertise and experience with one another." that it is going to be BT focused.

If I were a customer of another ISP I would expect their forum to be focused on that ISP.

If I wanted information on another ISP I would think the best place to find out how that ISP performs would be by reading through its forum and not that of a competitor.

I would also never think of posting on an ISPs forum of which I was not a customer in order to seek help with a fault with my ISP. Apart from the possibility of that forums members having no relevant experience of my ISP how could it be escalated to the relevant "team" as is often done through the moderators of this forum.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Welcome-to-the-BT-Community-Forum/td-p/15...

Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 18

@gg30340wrote:
[Excellent post]

Like 👍