cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT revenues for connecting calls to landlines that originate from other service providers or VoIP

I have been searching for a breakdown of how BT receives revenues relating to the connection of incoming calls that originate outside of the BT network.  One assumes that BT doesn't provide this service for free, as today it must account for a significant percentage of all BT connected calls.  Can anyone provide an answer to this please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT revenues for connecting calls to landlines that originate from other service providers or VoI

I don't know for sure, but am under the impression that it is done on a reciprocal basis. ie BT does not charge for connecting incoming calls from other networks and keeps all of the revenue from BT customers calling numbers on other networks?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT revenues for connecting calls to landlines that originate from other service providers or VoI

That would be the easy solution but the volume of calls originated from landlines must be small compared to the number of incoming calls from other sources.  They tie up bandwidth and switching equipment for no revenue?   That would mean that BT landline Customers are currently subsidising these calls.     

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Wouldn't that be the same for all networks though, (and therefore balance out)?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @GrahamRHilton ,

I don't really understand your concern & question.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @GrahamRHilton ,

I don't really understand your concern & question.

Nor me, and I suspect the information is commercially sensitive in any case.

0 Ratings