cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT selling off Red Phone Boxes for £1

Go to solution

BT's James Browne recently announced that BT is selling off thousands of the iconic red phone boxes for £1 and local organizations, charities etc are invited to buy one.

A charity with which I'm connected asked me to try to buy one but when I clicked on the link, the screen shown below was displayed. Does anyone know how I can contact Mr Browne/his team please?

PS I struggled to change the size of the snip. Sorry.

BT Phone Box Problem 2021-03.PNG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT selling off Red Phone Boxes for £1

Go to solution

The error message has the words 'contact us' as a clickable link, click it and fill out the contact form.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hello Richie. The error message that I posted doesn't show "contact us". I tried twice to sign in but error messages said that my User Name/Password weren't recognised and that a third failed attempt would end with my account being blocked, so I gave up.

I imagine that the cause is that I haven't got a Business Account?

By the way, as a Guru I imagine that you've enough clout to tell someone about another problem I had. Immediately I created this post, BT's system asked if I would participate in a feedback survey so I clicked that I would.

When I finished, up popped the survey. I was asked to rate the Community and the answer. The community should have been marked down, according to the question I was asked, because my problem wasn't resolved.           

I've said in my feedback that I can guarantee that I'll get an answer here - I always have.  But there's no way that you can see & read my thread, then type and post your answer, all in a split second!                      I've suggested that they reword the survey. If you agree with me, would you give feedback up the line so that whoever drafts the questions  reconsiders the wording of the questions? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Taffy078wrote:

By the way, as a Guru I imagine that you've enough clout to tell someone about another problem I had.

I have no more clout than you do as an expert, forum ranks are based on contributions and other activities, they don't come with any perks or special access, sorry.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078,

I hope you are doing well lately.

I've been reading over your thread and noticed that there is mention of the contact us in your screenshot. It's on the last sentence and appears to be a clickable link.

The link that @mybigtoe posted will take you to a page that tells you all about the Kiosk scheme. At the bottom of the page there is a section titled "Would you like to adopt one of our kiosks?". It gives you an option to drop the payphone team an email there 🙂

Any issues, let me know.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS. You'll see my comments about the need for BY to changed their feedback form. It's crazy that they expect an immediate (i.e. a millisecond)  reply from the Community. This must distort the survey data!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi DanielS. And to all those who helped me with this.

BT has now emailed me to set out the rules. The group I've been posting on behalf of doesn't qualify now for the £1 deal. :o((

Thank you all for your help.

PS In the middle of trying to resolve this with BT they kept sending me texts. I'll create a new thread in a moment.

0 Ratings