cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Brighton exchanges for FTTP

just looked on the openreach site re FTTP for brighton and surrounding areas. good news they have started 1 exchange and it advises there is 4 in total.

according to Sam Knows, there is 5 exchanges ( brighton withdean, hove, kemptown, rottingdean and portslade ) 

is there any way to find out, which 4 ie which 1 is being left out of fttp or just a case of waiting for the next update after brighton withdean? sadly im not in withdean exchange, hence the question

thanks for any help

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Brighton exchanges for FTTP

Not all exchanges supply (or will supply) FTTP.  One exchange area will be served by another allowing Openreach do the planned exchange closures.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

u mean the 4600 exchange closures? if so brighton withdean, which is where they have started the FTTP rollout, is due to close in 2030. so presume, from what u have said the other 4 exchanges, i mentioned would be getting FTTP then?

i appreciate it will be a while before they start on any others, just being impatient!

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

What I'm saying is forget exchanges.  FTTP is not exchange dependant and is only being used as a guide for the rollout.

Message 5 of 8

Is FTTC ( fibre to the cabinet ) available to some if not all cabinets ?, if it is ( and it probably is ) then the OLT that provides FTTC also provides FTTP , the exchange to a great extent is irrelevant, in that the headend is centrally located but serves many surrounding exchanges areas, the network topology doesn’t have an OLT at each exchange...as far as the general Brighton area , I would be amazed if there wasn’t already some FTTP areas ,given that new builds have had the option of FTTP for quite some time .

Message 6 of 8

thanks for the reply

all 5 exchanges that I listed have fttc, even the outlying parts, like saltdean, woodingdean etc, all served by rottingdean exchange. rottingdean being the smallest out of the 5 exchanges, hence i asked about only 4 of the 5 getting FTTP and maybe the smallest exchange not getting it but that question you and the previous reply have answered. 

just be a wait and see of any further updates, or a ton of openreach vans in the area, for a giveaway

must learn to be patient, virgin have been in the area where i live for 2 years and so far have resisted the tempting speeds! been with BT since there was 56k dial up and the modem noises

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I'm in the hangleton/west blatchington area & really hope FTTP comes here soon.

I moved from a property with > 1Gbps/ > 50 Mbs (virgin), to kemptown on 4G (150, peaked at 250 down / 30-40 Mbps up on vodafone!), to now.. with about 65/10. It's kinda ok but no option for anything faster.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Only Openreach will know what is planned, and there is no guarantee that all providers will offer it.

0 Ratings