Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Broadband activation date

Go to solution

Hi. I was in the process of changing from Vodafone to Sky for my fibre broadband. However after initially promising 19 October as an activation date which wasn’t achieved. I am now being told it will be 12 Jan 2021. The fibre cable is fully installed to my premises external wall ready to be patched through. Open reach engineer told me that if I had the sky router on 20 October they could have arranged for it to be activated that afternoon. If I can obtain an earlier date with BT I will cancel my Sky order and go with BT. I live in post code DL16 7HG   Does anyone know if BT could give an earlier activation date ?  Cheers Ken

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband activation date

Go to solution

@Klyons1954 

If its an FTTP (Fibre to the premises) connection, then you would have missed the appointment date now, and you would have been given the next available date that Openreach could complete the installation. So it would not make any difference if you cancelled the order and placed an order with BT Retail, the date would be the same, and the circuit would also have to be rebuilt for a different provider.

I suggest that you complain to Sky, and see if they can get Openreach to give you an earlier date.

This is the BT Retail Customer Forum. You may like to post on the Sky forum, to see if anyone can suggest another way forward.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband activation date

Go to solution

Thanks for that information Keith. Am I right in thinking that openreach will still need to bring the fibre cable through my wall and terminate at an ONT then the sky engineer will take over ?  Ken