cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband silver key BT fibre broadband

Go to solution

Hello I recently moved into a new build new property and I’m trying to set up WiFi ..I have a BT fibre open reach box in n the cupboard with a Ethernet cable attached 

im  joined with sky tv and trying to set up my broadband ..the tech engineer is saying the address is silver key which is either the Royal Mail postcode or BT open reach postcode is wrong I’ve sorted out the Royal Mail they have the post code correctly but can’t get thru to anyone at BT open reach to see if there’s a problem on their side 

can someone. Help me please ?? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband silver key BT fibre broadband

Go to solution

@Clayton85731 

This is a BT Retail Customer forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach or Sky.

You need to contact Sky about this, or perhaps post on their forum. Sky can ask for the database to be updated, by submitting an ORDI request to Openreach. I am assuming that Sky are selling FTTP, which is what is installed in the property.

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

There is no such company as BT Openreach. This is a BT Retail (ISP) forum.

It is up to your ISP (SKY) to sort this out and request Openreach raise an ORDI for the Openreach database to be updated. Only your ISP can do this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I spoke to sky and they said the address is silver key ..if you could give me a contact number for bT so they can fix my post code and match it up to the royal mails then i’ll Be happy 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Clayton85731 wrote:

I spoke to sky and they said the address is silver key ..if you could give me a contact number for bT so they can fix my post code and match it up to the royal mails then i’ll Be happy 

Its nothing to do with BT at all. Sky need to sort this out, if they cannot, then choose a different provider who can.

Whoever you spoke to at Sky, does not know what they are talking about.

0 Ratings