cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Broadband to my house

Go to solution

I have a fibre optic cable running past my house and understand that my neighbour has super fast broadband.  When I type in my post code it says I'm only eligible for slow broadband but when I type in his post code he is eligible for super fast.  Why can't have I super fast broadband when it's on the telephone pole opposite my house?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband to my house

Go to solution

do you currently have broadband with another ISP not BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Post codes are the least accurate way of checking for broadband. 

If you have a BT phone use that number to check or second best, use your address.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@jjd1wrote:

I have a fibre optic cable running past my house and understand that my neighbour has super fast broadband.  When I type in my post code it says I'm only eligible for slow broadband but when I type in his post code he is eligible for super fast.  Why can't have I super fast broadband when it's on the telephone pole opposite my house?

Hi @jjd1 ,

Is it a nextdoor neighbour, as it is pretty unusual to have different postcodes ?

In any case, as others have posted, a number check is best followed by the address.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

The street I live in has a different post codes for even numbers so this could take it into a different area for the postcode check to see what types of broadband are available. As stated, the post code check should be the last one to use and even then do not depend on the result as being anything like accurate.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Yes, we currently have Sky broadband with a download speed of 10 and upload 0.04
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice, will do..
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Our neighbour is at the bottom of the hill and we're at the top. Only three properties have our postcode.
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your advice...