cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband

Go to solution

Hi there, can anyone give me a specific age you need to be to buy BT broadband, as I want to buy internet as my dad hasn’t yet and I had two jobs so I earn pretty much a lot. Im 16 years old but I don’t know what age you have to be to buy broadband. Is there even any age limit on buying internet?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband

Go to solution

Hi @Callum_2150, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. This question has been asked before and you would need to be 18 to have a BT account.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

What’s the account for?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

you cannot get a BT account for phone or broadband until you are 18

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

what’s the account for and why 18 though?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Callum_2150wrote:

what’s the account for and why 18 though?

To receive broadband from BT means entering into a contract for the services, this comes with a minimum duration, BT also provide equipment on loan.
The law states to enter into these agreements you must be 18 years or older, It's a credit agreement which isn't possible until you're 18 years old.

You could ask your Dad to signup and have the payments come from your bank account if it allows direct debits, your Dad would be the legal account holder though and liable for any payments and usage.

0 Ratings