cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Bt broadband not available but working OR socket inside my house recently installed.

Go to solution

I have previously signed up to Now broadband superfast fibre without problems - an OR engineer came and installed the OR phone line socket into my flat. I cancelled Now broadband as I wanted to join BT instead so that as soon as FTTP is available I have the ability to upgrade to it. For some odd reason, BT's website says my flat can only get 4g home broadband and OR website checker says it "needs more details so get in touch". I think this must be a mistake as I have a working OR phone line socket and the cafe underneath me uses BT broadband superfast fibre. I have tried to contact OR but I've not got anywhere and I'm still stuck using EE 4g personal hotspot for nearly a month.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bt broadband not available but working OR socket inside my house recently installed.

Go to solution

Enter your phone number HERE and post the result. Remove your number before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Bt broadband not available but working OR socket inside my house recently installed.

Go to solution

If you enter your NowTV number into the BTw checker , the number won’t be recognised , there is an address option but that can be less accurate.

Another potential problem is if the FTTC ‘cabinet’ is full , then you won’t be able to order anything other than exchange based ADSL even if you currently have FTTC from your current provider ( until a port in the cab becomes available/spare )

Post the results from ( use your address if the phone number doesn’t work )

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@iniltousWell spotted. @anonymous738495475 use the address checker.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

643D0879-E6E3-45DD-83F4-F541551C1A88.jpeg

Very strange thing just happened….I went back to the Now broadband website to prove that it lets me purchase it, it’s now saying not available here. I’ve contacted OR again to see what is going on here but they’ll probably take a while to reply and then send me a generic email that ‘covid has delayed things’. Even though i used 80mbps broadband for a couple of days without issue (before cancelling) and trying to join BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

When you cancelled you lost the port at the cab and if there is/was a waiting list the next person would have been allocated it.

Unfortuately as the address checker is not returning a result we cannot confirm this.

If you would like to pm me your address and postcode I could try and find out for you elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Ah, I understand and that does makes sense. I’ll pm you now thanks. OR have started building FTTP in my area but I doubt that’ll be ready until 2022 at the earliest which means i literally have to rely on 4g which is a shame. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Looks like you can get it but you may have to take out a phone contract first so the database can be updated and then upgrade to fttc.

2021-07-31 09_04_42-BT Broadband — Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Ratings