cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
RIC9380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Bt small claims court hearing 5th August

BT's lawyers do have a tendency to be rather stubborn when it comes to litigation, not just with litigants in person.  I acted for various insurers of local authorities against BT and other utilities and could tell many a story but I won't!

If there has been no Part 36 Offer (to settle) it would seem that BT is intent on going for it full on.  All I can say is good luck.  Be prepared as much as you can and stick to the facts.  Try not to get bogged down in rather minor points and don't keep on repeating yourself.  Make a note of the key points and keep your cool πŸ™‚ 

Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

This has already been in the Sunday mirror headline bogus bill puts ex army man on brink,bt admitted it in the article and offered Β£500 goodwill gesture but no apology,seeing as how 7 months of outrageous persecution harassment threats bailiffs and destruction of my credit rating for a debt that did not exist and they knew did not exist driving me to edge of madness where I tried to end my life by overdose to get away from them,they can try to pr spin it but I don't think they'll get much sympathy pursuing a vulnerable disabled man

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

If it has already been in the press and an offer has been made to you which you have turned down I guess BT are going the distance with this one.

Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Yes they made a good will offer of Β£500 provided if I took it I couldn't speak about it again to anyone including media,that is unacceptable to me,they have admitted everything I've said in elc report,subject access documents and the newspaper I am curious how they are going to defend and why they refuse to give a written apology after admitting it,they can go all the way but I can't see how they can justify the unjustifiable,I think I got a slow witted bt lawyer who can't see the woods for the tree's,the newspaper wanted official documents of everything I said and bt confirmation before they ran the story because it is so serious bt would have sued for deformation and slander if the papers printed lies

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

Just shows that going to the press doesn't do much. It will be up to the court to decide what happens and how much if anything the "winner" gets after hearing all the evidence from both sides.

Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

It does a lot because it shows bt are bullies and rather than correct there mistakes drag a disabled man through months of court to get justice,there is a huge paper trail of where they could have done the right thing multiple times and choose not to causing more anguish including court mediation which they refused to do,don't forget all I asked for was a written apology and they refused,this has cost many hundreds of pounds and 13 months of my life because bt want to be bullies and that in national papers is significant for bt

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

It's not stopped them going to court so I still say going to the press was a waste of time. All it does is give them a story but if you feel it has helped you that is what matters.

Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Bt claimed first of all the computer malfunctioned ,then subject info said it was four individual bt employees who didn't do there job and inputted the info wrong not once mind but four times over six months then tried telling me bt staff were highly trained and this has never happened before so it being in the newspaper helps the next person who takes bt to court for same thing because it shows it does happen before and they haven't bothered to sort the underlying problem,they can spend millions on tv and radio advertising and sending barristers to small claims court but don't have the money to train there staff to even a semi professional standard

Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

My neighbour says going to court is not mandatory,has anyone any experience,what happens if other side don't turn up can they put in an appeal have judgment overturned for a new hearing or if they don't turn up is that the end of the matter,thanks

clonk
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

If they don't turn up (quite common) you can apply for a summary judgement. They may make another offer just before the hearing. They may ask to delay the hearing but they have to have a good reason