cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

By phone line ext

Hi quick bit of advice, bt box phone connection, can I run an ext from this externally and back in through the wall so I can move my tv to other side of room without having cables running along the skirting and walls. Thinking weather related issues on the exterior wall wether this could lead to problems

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: By phone line ext

If you are referring to a telephone extension cable a good quality cable should not have any immediate problems however the outer plastic may eventually break down because of sunlight although this will take years.

If you mean an Ethernet cable, you can get external grade Ethernet cable which would be the best choice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes a tele ext cable, I googled and you can get tougher exterior cables for external use. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

are you intending to use the phone extension to connect the internet to the tv?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You would need to connect the TV to your router not your telephone line. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Chapate1 

Who provides your phone and broadband connection?

0 Ratings