Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Bye bye BT....never again!

Well, finally after 12 days of Bad service, incompetent technical support, today get my MAC code and back to SKY. 

Sadly the experience with BT has been awful, and they try selling a service 75% satisfactory. 

Cannot complaint about the speed. The speed was ok.  The problem starting with throttle line in peak off time, in the first time they Denny it, but after talk for hours with one of care manager,  (Dominic) him agree BT throttle line, and hotfile (one of the main server I use has been affected). I not user of P2P

Another problem, get solution with my IMAP accounts, there is too slow sync in peak off times, inclusive one day the technical desk connect with me by remote control, and no get any solution. 

12 days.  Calling every day, I think talk with all Indian staff of BT. to get solution and nothing.  Inclusive with one speak like Elmer Fudd… who is him?  

Today finally they inform cannot solve my problem, and I able to cancel my contract...and get my MAC code. 

Really so happy... back to SKY again, no more peak of times, my IMAP working fine, no limit, and £ 12.50 a month for unlimited,  BT  £ 28  ... that be crazy. 

Advise and experience, I leave SKY in the first time, no for bad service, the problem was, BT offer to me £ 17.50   40gb usage and unlimited wi fi for my IPhone, (never used) but the problem is the 40GB for BT is not just downloads, is everything. Surfing, downloads, e-mails, inclusive if your pc is sleep, obviously the 40GB is gone in 10 days and you get force to go unlimited and pay £ 28, (that is the price I pay in SKY with TV, TALK and unlimited without peak of time)

Another experience learning from now, never never choose a service that no offer 30 days satisfaction money back. BT just offer 7 days calendar but you must wait 10 days for stabilization of line... (That is a joke).

Anyway now appear the people in this forum, they no are BT employee, just customer like you and me but they give support in whole forum and always in defence of company, never on the side of customer.

Good luck everyone...

2 REPLIES 2
coolpolitealex
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bye bye BT....never again!

I want to say to you well done, I pay for bt total broadband anywhere, and £12 .50 for bt vision and I use my phone very rarely due to  (well never mind ) anyway, and never download from my computer, and an odd time a TV program, and my bills Have basicly stayed the same apart from a £ here and a £ pound there, Bt switched off my old HTC SO i HAVE NO bt MOBILE now' but still have all the package deal and still pay the same month on month, and still Broadband light flashes AND STILL iNDIAN VOICES asking me to get on the floor and for the hundreth time no difference, only constant thing from BT' is they take the money every month, sold me 4 phones, all with the same hissing and impossible to understand some calls, and still I pay the same amount by direct debit, yet they do not give me the services that  they take the money for , since I moved to my new home in 2009... is this a record ???

coolpolitealex
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bye bye BT....never again!

@coolpolitealex wrote:

I want to say to you well done, I pay for bt total broadband anywhere, and £12 .50 for bt vision and I use my phone very rarely due to  (well never mind ) anyway, and never download from my computer, and an odd time a TV program, and my bills Have basicly stayed the same apart from a £ here and a £ pound there, Bt switched off my old HTC SO i HAVE NO bt MOBILE now' but still have all the package deal and still pay the same month on month, and still Broadband light flashes AND STILL iNDIAN VOICES asking me to get on the floor and for the hundreth time no difference, only constant thing from BT' is they take the money every month, sold me 4 phones, all with the same hissing and impossible to understand some calls, and still I pay the same amount by direct debit, yet they do not give me the services that  they take the money for , since I moved to my new home in 2009... is this a record ???

I've read your post on the out and about thread; could you just clarify what your problem is so we might be able to help you with your issue[s]?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."