cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Car Bluetooth

Go to solution

Trying to connect iphone XR to car bluetooth but car keeps asking for the bt bluetooth pin code is there a default code for bt phones any help would be appreciated thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Car Bluetooth

Go to solution

@worthog567 

I think you are confusing BT Retail with bt (Bluetooth).

What its is asking for is the Bluetooth (bt) pairing code, which would normally be displayed on your device. The car Bluetooth would request a pairing code to confirm that its the device you want to pair with.

This has nothing to do with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Ok thanks anyway. Was just hoping someone else had come across this trying to connect to car with bt phone. You are correct that the car is asking for bt Bluetooth pin code but there’s no code coming up on the phone thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Its possible being displayed as a notification message on the iPhone, and you cannot see it. Perhaps someone with an iPhone can tell you where its likely to show these messages.

On my Android phone, it appears as a popup notification and displays a code, if I try to pair another device.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks I’ve just sorted it out tried 0000 in the car then the phone asked for pin so put 0000 in the phone as well and it connected so done now thanks again for help 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Plenty of other people have assumed that bt had something to do with BT, even non-BT customers.

0 Ratings