cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Clarly a scam

Had a email this morning opened up on my nokia3 went to bt email app, opened message supposedly from DVLA driving licence update payment details, clearly a scam. Didn't open attachments, but now I cant open my emails it  just closes the app. The messages display but that's all.   Un installed the app,  restarted phone, reinstalled the app,  but just the same . I can still access emails OK on my desktop, just affects the phone.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Clarly a scam

Try restarting your phone.

If that doesn't work, switch the phone off, press & hold the power key and Volume up at the same time, you should see a menu. Select Clear Cache (may be shown as Delvic Cache) and restart (you won't lose any data or apps).

If that still doesn't work then try the old faithful Factory Reset (you will lose apps and data with this option)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Have you deleted the email from your email account via your PC.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@gg30340wrote:

Have you deleted the email from your email account via your PC.

How would that cause the app to crash?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If the app is set up as IMAP and if the email has not been deleted, the email is still in the system and it could be causing a problem and it would be prudent to delete it from the server before setting up or opening the app again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As you are an Android user this may be related:- Apparently there has been a problem for some Android user where apps are crashing.

Android apps crashing? Here's what you can do to fix the problem (androidauthority.com)

Android apps still keep crashing: Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Google app issues ongoing | Express.co.uk

0 Ratings