Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 119

Community Web Kit

Go to solution

It's not obvious where questions about the Community Web Kit should go so I thought I'd try here.

I have just received a message from websitebuilder@btck.co.uk telling me that my site (the village website) is about to be archived. I don't want to let that happen as it is in constant use. However, replies to that email result in non-delivery responses, also there is no support phone number, and the "submit a helpdesk enquiry" facility just times out (which I've seen reported before). Any ideas? Some aspects of our website fulfil a legal requirement on the Parish Council, so we don't want it to disappear!

Thanks

Tags (1)
118 REPLIES 118
Highlighted
Message 1 of 119

BT COMMUNITY WEBSITE BUILDER

Go to solution

I have a Website set up with Community Website Builder. Last week, for some odd reason, I couldn't automatically sign in with my usual password so requested a password reminder to make sure everything was OK. The one sent to me by BT was the one given to me when I first set it up in 2019, and changed shortly afterwards, and which now doesn't work. I'm locked out and can no longer access the website to add updates or give information and there is no way for me to reset the password or 'raise a ticket' unless I can access my account. There is no help available on the website and I don't know where else to go apart from this Community Forum to see if anyone can help, please.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 119

Re: BT COMMUNITY WEBSITE BUILDER

Go to solution

Did you try emailing support?

Highlighted
Message 3 of 119

Go to solution
No - couldn't think of where to start and couldn't find an email address for support. Thank you so much Rob364 - I'll give it a try right away.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 119

Go to solution

It is on a drop down menu here.

http://www.btck.co.uk/Build/Help.aspx

Highlighted
Message 5 of 119

Go to solution
Never! I'm so sorry - I've spent ages searching all over the place and it was right in front of my nose. Once again - thank you. My despair is lifting by the minute.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 119

BT Community Webkit

Go to solution

The BT community webkit team - which i assume is part of the BT empire - has just informed me that they are going to archive the community webiste I run on behalf of a Horticultural Society. Their reasoning is that I haven't used the site for 6 months or more - when in fact it is udated on a very regular basis. I am unable to access their online helpdesk - servers not responding and they do not have a telephone helpdesk - and I am really miffed at the moment as we are about to stage a virtual summer show on the website. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how i can contact the webkit team to rectify the situation? Any help would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 119

Re: BT Community Webkit

Go to solution

Yes, I am getting exactly the same issue. 

My website helps local people connect with Home Watch, the police, and other services.  It gets amended more than once a week and there's over a 100 hits a week.  How can they say it's not used? 

Highlighted
Message 8 of 119

Website to be archived

Go to solution

I received an email from the community website team saying our website is to be archived

I am keeping the website up to date regularly and have completed a large amount of work within the past 6 months reorganising the content.

What do I need to do to keep it active?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 119

Re: Community Web Kit

Go to solution

@nigelindevon 

That domain does not appear to belong to BT, 

Its odd however that this works https://www.btck.co.uk/

Domain:
btck.co.uk

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]

Registered On:
2010-03-24

Expires On:
2021-03-24

Updated On:
2020-03-23

Registered until expiry date.

Name Servers:
ns1-08.azure-dns.com
ns2-08.azure-dns.net
ns3-08.azure-dns.org
ns4-08.azure-dns.info

Raw Whois Data
    Domain name:
        btck.co.uk

Data validation:
        Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 23-Mar-2020

Registrar:
        Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
        URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk