cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 144

Re: BT Community Webkit

Go to solution

David 

I am glad you are on the case as this is a worry to those of us who manage a community website that is regularly updated and used.  As others have noted, I received a message today about BT having "deemed (y)our account to be unused and will be making any such sites inaccessible in 30 days’ time.

I look forward to an update

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 144

Go to solution

Seems like either the "computer" or someone pressed the wrong button and deemed that all webkit accounts are to be archived within 30 days.

I manage 4 sites, and from 10:30 had emails saying the same as the others.

I have set the "Download" in motion just in case, but I expect (and sincerely hope) it's a glitch.

nigelindevon
Beginner
Message 23 of 144

Go to solution
Thanks @DavidM
GMR1
Beginner
Message 24 of 144

website

Go to solution

How do I stop my btck community website being archived? It was last active on 6th August 2020. I receved an email saying it will be archived in 30 days.

DJ74
Beginner
Message 25 of 144

BTCK free website

Go to solution
As a volunteer conservation group, we would like to retain our useful and free, btck.co.uk which BT has informed us is now marked for Archiving and will not be available to view as it has not been in use for 6 months.

This decision, coming after so many weeks of lock-down and enforced inactivity for many volunteer and social groups, seems to be badly timed. Our group has not met since March and is only now considering a gradual and safe, return to work.

I have now made an adjustment to the site. Does this prevent Archiving and mean that our site will continue being active after the threatened 30 days expires, please?

I have to use this Forum as the Ticket Raising facility from the btck website does not now work and there is no email address or telephone contact.

Is BT wanting to get rid of the very useful, free, websites for Community groups?
cox152
Beginner
Message 26 of 144

Re: BTCK free website

Go to solution

The same has happened to our Allotments website which is in regular use and has hadj over 13,000 hits.

AEvans
Beginner
Message 27 of 144

Re: Community Web Kit

Go to solution

Just to add to this thread that I have encountered a similar problem.  I last updated my badminton club's website in March.  I received an email today saying that it will be archived in 30 days because it has not been used for 6 months.  I suppose that will be true in 30 days time.  I have updated the website today in the hope that this will "reset the clock".

(Usually I update the site every week, but due to COVID-19 we have suspended the club.  Hopefully we will be able to play again soon and we will need the website then.)

cox152
Beginner
Message 28 of 144

Community webkit

Go to solution

It looks like dozens if not hundreds of BTCK community websites are threatened with being archived in 30 days no matter how well used they are. There is no obvious way to find out what his going on? Is this a mistake?

DJ74
Beginner
Message 29 of 144

Go to solution

Thank you, David M

David

DaveWR
Beginner
Message 30 of 144

Go to solution

Same problem with our village website which has stacks of views and is regularly updated and maintained by me.  The email came like a bolt from the blue.  Disappointed that replies to the BT email are blocked necessitating having to sign up for this forum  What's going on BT?  Get a grip please.