Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davetalking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 144

Re: BTCK free website

Go to solution

Surely with so many people having concerns and the fact you are unable to respond in a timely manner, perhaps it would be better to put a blanket hold on deleting these websites until it is resolved. 

Might be a good idea for BT corporate image before the press find out what is going on as during these past few months these websites have been crucial for many communities 

Mrsacj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 144

Go to solution
Here here. My holiday has been ruined trying to sort this out. I’ve worked all thru lockdown and had zero time off. As soon as I manage a week away this kicks off. And nobody at BT seems to care or want to help. I’ve had numerous emails, Twitter PMs and tickets ignored. Just awful.
Mrsacj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 144

Go to solution

@Matt-S thanks, although I didn’t have the option to reply to your PM. Also the questions didn’t seem relevant. However I have sent you a PM so I’m really hoping you can help..... nobody else has. Or apologised. Or given the vague impression of being the slightest bit interested. So I’m counting on you! Thanks

SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 144

Go to solution

My guess is that the lack of support from BT Contract Centers is down to the fact that BT Community Kit website is not a BT Consumer Product so doesn't fall into their remit of support and most have probably never even heard of the product. Likely the team that picks up the emails/tickets works 9-5 Monday to Friday and this is why there has been no worthwhile contact or response from BT. Will we ever get one, probably not until it's too late @Matt-S?

Sites shouldn't be archived unless the admin has not logged in for 6 months. I would be interested to know if this is what has caused the archive staging or if sites are being archived before the 6 months?

Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 105 of 144

Go to solution

Hi @avalonarcheryclub, @snapeboatman@Mrsacj 

Thanks for sending in your information and URL. I am just working on chasing up the Product Owner for the BT Community Kit Website to see if they can get your tickets picked up ASAP.

Thanks

Matt

Mrsacj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 144

Go to solution

Thanks Matt, any luck?

avalonarcheryclub
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 144

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

News hot off the press - and not about Covid.  My email of Friday to someone at BT Press Office has been picked up and delegated to Saba. I have just replied but have stressed that I am not the only 'victim' of the saga and suggested that there may be a number of other 'victims' who have not been able to address their threatened archiving.

As far as my site is concerned I have done all that has been suggested by the moderators but as I type nothing from BTCK and my site is still marked as "Scheduled for archiving".

regards to all

Jeff Brewer

Avalon Archery Club

waded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 144

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I too have done everything that has been asked of me and still my website is marked to be archived.  I first raised this a week ago, and I still haven't heard anything

Please could one of the moderators let me know what is going on.  I have also emailed Saba at BT.

Debbie

waded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 144

Go to solution

@Matt-S  What about my website - have you chased it up?

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 110 of 144

Go to solution

@SpiderPigwrote:

My guess is that the lack of support from BT Contract Centers is down to the fact that BT Community Kit website is not a BT Consumer Product so doesn't fall into their remit of support and most have probably never even heard of the product. Likely the team that picks up the emails/tickets works 9-5 Monday to Friday and this is why there has been no worthwhile contact or response from BT. Will we ever get one, probably not until it's too late @Matt-S?

Sites shouldn't be archived unless the admin has not logged in for 6 months. I would be interested to know if this is what has caused the archive staging or if sites are being archived before the 6 months?

I agree with the last para. No information is given apart from a silly blanket statement about not being used for 6 months or an auto redirect - but nothing else. The website statement doesn't go away if the site is accessed, logged into or updated - so all sites with this banner will seem to be deleted.

I agree with another poster in that the robot should be stopped and not delete any sites until they've got this sorted properly.