cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Company domain blocked by BT while it's showing up as clear everywhere else.

Go to solution

Good day

We have had a bunch of complaints from clients using BT as their ISP. Our website domain waywithwords.net seems to be blocked even though it's clear everywhere else: 

See the Virus Total Report below: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/18936cae843db632a804d92ff55d99aa0dc1c54bb020dda7ff9639cf88bc5e96/...

Who can we contact to get this issue resolved? It's costing us a fair amount of business.

Best Regards
Francois

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Company domain blocked by BT while it's showing up as clear everywhere else.

Go to solution

It's not blocked by BT, I just visited it and it loads fine, ask your clients if they have parental controls enabled or maybe other security software like anti-virus with firewalls.

Richie_0-1627469618270.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Re: Company domain blocked by BT while it's showing up as clear everywhere else.

Go to solution

Hmm, Malwarebytes blocks it for me due to Ransomeware.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Hello Richie

Thank you for the response.

Good to know that it's not getting blocked.

We received this photo from a client which looked like it was something BT specific.

bt-screenshot.jpeg

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

I suspect that is BTs web protect system giving the same warning that I get from Malwarebytes.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you for the response Licquorice

Our domain was falsely listed as part of the Kesaya VSA hack a few weeks back. 

Sophos came out with the real list of domains a few days after the hack had taken place, but by that time a lot of the security companies had already picked up the false list and added it to their block-lists.  https://community.sophos.com/b/security-blog/posts/active-ransomware-attack-on-kaseya-customers

So we've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks getting everyone to remove us. We've been off of all the major block-lists for a little over a week now, but there's still a few companies who are a bit slow to update their dns.

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

It loads a lot of other links, so perhaps one or more of those are blocked as suspect.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Seems to be Web Protect.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 13.41.34.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you for confirming Will.

Any idea how to get off the block-list Web Protect uses?

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you Keith

We'll check the URLs out one by one, but just having a quick look at the list, most of these are big/trusted companies, so I think it's more likely that it's going to be our domain that's still listed somewhere because updated block-lists haven't been pulled.

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings