cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Company domain blocked by BT while it's showing up as clear everywhere else.

Go to solution

@waywithwordswrote:

Thank you for confirming Will.

Any idea how to get off the block-list Web Protect uses?

Best Regards
Francois

Sorry, I'm not sure how to request a website to be removed from the block list. Might be worth getting in touch with BT on it.

I think Web Protect is turned on by default on BT Broadband and a lot of people probably don't turn it off, so I can see why it's a problem for you.

I went into my BT Account and turned it off and can confirm the website works when Web Protect is off.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 13.47.47.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Re: Company domain blocked by BT while it's showing up as clear everywhere else.

Go to solution

Thank you again for checking and confirming Will, I appreciate it.

Hopefully, someone on the forum can point me to where I can open a ticket with BT directly as I haven't been able to find this on my own.

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@waywithwordswrote:

Hopefully, someone on the forum can point me to where I can open a ticket with BT directly as I haven't been able to find this on my own.

Best Regards
Francois

No problem. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

@waywithwords wrote:

Best Regards
Francois

@waywithwords  I think you need to look elsewhere other than just BT web protect, as I said previously, Malwarebytes also blocks the site so both are getting their information from somewhere that hasn't been updated.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you, Liquorice

We've asked Malwarebytes about it today as well.

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

It's hard to track down issues when you're marked as clear by most major providers:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/18936cae843db632a804d92ff55d99aa0dc1c54bb020dda7ff9639cf88bc5e96/...

At this point most likely it's an issue of the ISP not updating their block list as frequently as other organisations do, so talking to them about it seems to be the best way to resolve the issue, but it's tough when there isn't a clear way of contacting them.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

I'll ask if one of the mods can offer any contact advice.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @waywithwords, welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts. I'll see what I can find out and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you, @JohnC2, I appreciate the effort!

Best Regards
Francois

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @waywithwords  the website has been reviewed and re-categorised and all should be ok now with the web protect.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

I can confirm that I no longer see the Web Protect warning page when viting the website.

0 Ratings