cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Complaint

Why not to use B T

It all started on December 9th 2020 when I had a letter from my broadband and telephone provider informing me that BT had applied to take my telephone line and that they were happy for this to happen as I was nearly out of contract.
I had no knowledge of this and when I telephoned BT they had no record of application for my line.

BUT BT TOOK THE  BROADBAND  ON DECEMBER 19th

After ringing BT they denied any knowledge of taking my broadband, I also now had a different telephone number on my line!!

I then asked BT to cancel this number and agreed a contract for broadband on my other number, not a very hard task???

I lost my other number on December 21st, leaving me with no telephone or broadband whatsoever. Cut off by BT.

IT IS NOW JANUARY 23rd AND I HAVE SPENT OVER TWENTY HOURS ON THE TELEPHONE TO MORE THAN 30 BT EMPLOYEES, HAVE HAD FIVE OPENREACH ENGINEERS VISIT MY PROPERTY TO REPAIR LINES WHICH ARE NOT BROKEN, THREE DIFFERENT TELEPHONE NUMBERS, HAD FIVE CONTRACTS REJECTED AND STILL NO BROADBAND OR TELEPHONE. DESPITE TALKING DIRECTLY TO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF BT.

BT have just about reduced myself and my family to utter despair.

I would not recommend anyone to consider joining BT after my continued experience with them. Be warned

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaint

@peter2634wrote:

It all started on December 9th 2020 when I had a letter from my broadband and telephone provider informing me that BT had applied to take my telephone line and that they were happy for this to happen as I was nearly out of contract.

Sounds like you have a new neighbour, they asked BT to supply line/bb and gave the wrong address (yours), you received the standard working line takeover notification, at this stage you should of asked your existing supplier to block it, your service would of continued but as it was never blocked, the line was taken over.

@peter2634wrote:

I had no knowledge of this and when I telephoned BT they had no record of application for my line.

Unless you had the order number from the other person, BT wouldn't of had any contact info for you, if they searched using your info it would bring no results because you weren't a customer, BT didn't have your email address, they wouldn't of had your mobile number and the landline number wasn't active with BT, the new account was in someone elses name with someone elses contact info.

@peter2634wrote:

BUT BT TOOK THE  BROADBAND  ON DECEMBER 19th

You needed to contact your provider to stop it, not BT
If you never contacted the losing provider the takeover goes ahead.

@peter2634wrote:

I then asked BT to cancel this number and agreed a contract for broadband on my other number, not a very hard task???

You wouldn't be able to do that, you're not the account holder or an authorised person, your option would be to start a new order to join BT and then follow the takeover process.

@peter2634wrote:

I lost my other number on December 21st, leaving me with no telephone or broadband whatsoever. Cut off by BT.

This part is just a guess but the other person who took your line was most likely wondering where there service were, they would of had emails stating your broadband is now live 3 days earlier, they've checked and saw it wasn't because they took over the wrong line, so after noticing the error have ceased or moved the services to the correct address.

@peter2634wrote:

IT IS NOW JANUARY 23rd AND I HAVE SPENT OVER TWENTY HOURS ON THE TELEPHONE TO MORE THAN 30 BT EMPLOYEES, HAVE HAD FIVE OPENREACH ENGINEERS VISIT MY PROPERTY TO REPAIR LINES WHICH ARE NOT BROKEN, THREE DIFFERENT TELEPHONE NUMBERS, HAD FIVE CONTRACTS REJECTED AND STILL NO BROADBAND OR TELEPHONE. DESPITE TALKING DIRECTLY TO THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF BT.

This part is complicated, at this stage the issue should of been identified and a new order raised to provide the service, when you say it's with the 'executive branch of BT' do you mean the Executive Customer Resolution team ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes, executive customer resolution team I think, I am so confused and have spoken to so many different departments I have nearly lost the will to live ! Has been with them for the last two weeks approx, you are right about cancellation of number but when I asked BT to use my other number all lines went dead including another line to a unit- that is also not connected as yet!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Getting the line active should be the priority, either without broadband and add later or both together, then look at the renumber to see if your old number can be assigned to the line.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @peter2634  welcome to the forum and very sorry to hear about your experience so far. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to see if we can help our colleague in the Executive team to resolve these problems for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings