cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpiggott
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Complete Wi-Fi - wall to wall Wi-Fi

In the light of the growing concerns expressed by international advisory bodies, including the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, which called on European member states to reduce exposures to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (Wi-Fi, Cordless phones), particularly of children and young people, who are the most at risk, I find it most alarming that we are now being offered BT Complete - wall to wall wifi in every room!

This, in my view, is total neglegence. When will companies such as BT provide the public with proof that Wi-Fi is safe for our children?

These announcements have followed calls from the German Government for wired computer connections to be used in schools and workplaces, the Israeli Parliament for schools to use wired networks, the Austrian Medical Associations for schools not to use Wi-Fi or cordless phones, and the International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety for young people to limit their use of wireless technologies.  The French Government have banned the use of Wi-Fi in schools.

Cyprus has removed Wi-Fi from elementary schools and supported a strong educational initiative to educate children and families about cell phones and wireless radiation. They have developed comprehensive brochures for public health and video public service announcements regarding the issue.

SO why is it OK to have wall to wall Wi-Fi in our homes, as if one Wi-Fi router isn't enough!

Even though I continue to be a BT customer for now, I have replaced the BT router to one with a Wi-fi off switch!

11 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Complete Wi-Fi - wall to wall Wi-Fi

Hi. Unless you live in a faraday cage there will still be plenty of WiFi and all manner of radio frequencys floating around your house.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@Devon_Dave wrote:
Hi. Unless you live in a faraday cage there will still be plenty of WiFi and all manner of radio frequencys floating around your house.

No need for a Faraday cage, I find a tinfoil hat works just as well Smiley Wink

tpiggott
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Not according to the acoustimeter rf detector! Less than 0.02 volts per meter! Pulsating digital frequencies from Wi-fi, cordless phone base stations, smart meters etc have been scientifically proven to activate the voltage gated calcium channels of our cells, leading to an over influx of calcium, essentially leading to free radicals and occidated stress, which can lead to all manor of health conditions- and our children our more susceptible due to their thinner sculls and developing bodies.
Has nothing to do with thermal effects, which our current safety standards are based on! The science is there, take a look at the credentials of the participants of the biointiative report. Or Prof. Martin Pall,
Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences
Washington State University

https://youtu.be/kBsUWbUB6PE

So let’s put a router in every room of the house, just like we do in the majority of our schools and wait to see what effect this has on our future generations!

How long did it take for the science regarding tobacco and it’s causing lung cancer to be listened to? 60 plus years!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

I presume that you do not use any wireless devices or have a mobile phone given that they are so dangerous.

tpiggott
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi, I used to. I was smart homed up to the hilt! Alexa, nest, smart lights, I love tech! But since finding out this evidence, which is overwhelming, I have reverted back to a wired network, disabled Wi-fi, got rid of the smart stuff, the nest thermostat works as a basic thermostat without Wi-fi, my TVs including the ones in my children’s room are connected via Ethernet rather than Wi-fi. My mobile I use without Bluetooth or 3G/4G enabled and only ever on speakerphone - I’ve even got an Ethernet adapter for my phone so I can access the internet.
I think what is important to realise is that our safety standards are based on thermal radiation-so if it doesn’t heat you then it’s safe, and this is proven to be untrue!
Again, I’m big on tech, I’m a former associate architect at Computer Science Corporation, where I worked on a tech project in Toulouse for Airbus, so this isn’t me just wearing a tinfoil hat and having a rant. With the bio initiative there were 3600 studies, 29 scientists proving that this isn’t safe - show me the proof that it is!
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

I assume you don't go out walking in the street or visiting shopping precincts, or work in an office with other people?
All of these places will have WiFi hotspots, also if there are no WiFi hot spots there will be plenty of mobile devices transmitting trying to log on to these hot spots.
I took a train and bus to work today and in both cases I logged into the free WiFi being transmitted from the bus/train carriage.
I am afraid it's all out there and it will be difficult to avoid it.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
tpiggott
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Hi Dave, interesting term that: 'hot spot' Smiley Happy

I am fortunate enough to work from home now on a wired network. Occasionally I have meetings in hotels, and to be honest after an hour I do begin to feel the effects - this is what got me into the research really. A tech client of mine who recently featured in a double page spread in the Mirror newspaper on an article about Smart Cities (my worst nightmare) told me that they have reverted back to a wired network because he was sick of the headaches! And since.. no more headaches. So I looked at this further due to my own sympoms of dizzyness, feelings of anxiety (continuous) and insomnia.. immediately after making these changes at home all symotoms have ceased and I sleep right through.. and my kids no longer climb into bed with us at 4am.. the dramatic change was obvious.

And I agree with you totally, 100%.. Wi-Fi is pretty much everywhere, it is hard to escape it.. but at least give the body some respite and switch it off at home, if only at night when your body can really do without the interference when it's trying to rejuvinate - here's a good reason to switch of Wi-Fi at night: https://emfacademy.com/turn-off-wifi-at-night/

And those who are interested, here is a really great presentation by Dr. Erica Mallery-Blythe on the subject: https://youtu.be/7HJcH_ZP-y0

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 12

A worthy campaign, perhaps.
After years at work dealing with electromagnetic compatibility, (a growth topic in my day), I'll stick with my wireless weather station - 868 MHz, ~ 13 inch full wavelength, at 0.8 milliwatts. This is sufficient to cover the whole house.
Or better still, the trusty Stormglass, of which many theories have been presented, and queried: e.g. local earth's magnetic fields. It's just as good as the professional weather station though.

tpiggott
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Wireless weather station.. how does this relate to Wi-Fi use? Very interested!