cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Conflicting reports on cabinet repair and no engineers?

Go to solution

Is it possible to get clarification on an issue at Church street, St. Mary Magdalen, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE34 3BU?

I'm getting different answers.  Our village internet cabinet, (the big green one), was hit by a lorry last Thursday the 6th at approx. 15:00. We where told it would be fixed by Friday the 14th no later than 17:00 by our company EE, who say they got the information directly from BT.   The neighbourhood news website is now saying the 27th. The problem is it seems that no one has even come to look at it since Monday, 10th of May.

Someone was saying something about a ruptured gas pipe, but as far as anyone in the neighbourhood knows the gas lines don't come into our village so none of us know what's going on. Since the cabinet is owned by BT can we get a definitive date?  A clear answer would be greatly appreciated as some of us need the internet for work and an extended outage is obviously going to cause trouble, so we'll need to know how long we need to make alternate arrangements.   Once again, I am referring to the cabinet on Church street, St. Mary Magdalen,  Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE34 3BU.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Conflicting reports on cabinet repair and no engineers?

Go to solution

@JBaron 

The cabinet and external network is owned by Openreach, not BT Retail. EE  have the same access to Openreach as BT retail do.

As this is a BT Retail Customer Forum, you will have to either ask EE for an update, or perhaps post on the EE customer forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Oh, I was under the impression it was all BT Thank you so much for the information I will do that now then. It's been a heck of a chase but thank you so much for getting back with me so quickly 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Technically the DSLAM, which forms part of the Access Network is actually owned by the BT Group plc, not to be confused with BT Consumer, which is the Retail Company this Community is for.

Openreach Ltd are the Company, again owned by the BT Group plc that merely maintain the Access Network for the BT Group. Openreach are given an annual budget by the BT Group, which Openreach will decide how and where it’s spent but still have to get authorisation from the BT Group on that expenditure.

0 Ratings