cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wasteofspace
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Contact details of Warren Buckley anyone

I took out BT offer for faster Broad Band, Phone and TV.  After speaking to the sales team and giving them the details of what I had with Sky.  I was informed that I would get all the same TV programmes as I previously had with loads of HD channels, Sky 1, 2 and the rest.

The engineer turned up to set everything up and was not in a very good mood as he had spent 2 and a half hours sorting out the local telephone exchange to change us over.

This is when the problems started, he would not place the broad band where we wanted it or the TV box, even though we had all the cabling in place from Sky.

The TV started working and we noticed that we had lost most of the programmes we were informed we would have, not only that but our broad band and telephone kept falling out.  We made a complaint and asked for an engineer to check the set up. BT refused.

The setup turned out to be wrongly connected, as the engineer had rushed the job because he was late.

On the 18th June after having to put up with problems after problems, including the TV channels not recording or only half recording programmes, the internet constantly going off and the home phone not working, we called again, this time we went thru a lot of resets, but since the equipment was broken, none of the reset buttons worked and we ended up switching everything off and on again. We endured another four days of missed recordings, missed telephone calls, including vital hospital appointments (I am severely disabled) and the like we called again.

Another two hours on the phone and the customer service staff stated, that there was nothing they could do, they then stated we had been miss-sold the product because of the lack of TV programmes.  We were told to find another provider and BT would pay back the £112.50 they had just taken from us and we would receive no more charges as the package had been miss-sold and they could not or would not fix the problem, we would receive the cheque within 7 days.   

We then informed them we were going back to Sky, Sky were taking over taking over the broad band on the 9th July, our BT broad band was stopped on the 4th July, either by BT or because the fault in the wiring.  This also meant once again we had no phones.

We then rang them to find out what was happening and point out we had just received a bill for over £500 for terminating the contract, BT terminated the contract because they miss-sold it.  Again we were on the phone for two hours. 

We were told the cheque for the £112.50 was being sent; once again no cheque arrived so we contacted them again, another two hours on the phone only to receive even more bills from BT but no cheque, we have since rang on numerous occasions always getting different rude and incompetent people, who take hours looking into our notes and then saying the cheque has been sent or it is going out today.

I have spent hours and days on the phone to BT and you can guess what happened next, another invoice has turned up after being told on Friday last that the cheque would be with us shortly.

After Fridays call – to India again, someone was going to ring us back no one did so I rang again yesterday, and asked to speak to a manager after an hour explaining why I was put thru to one, who stated we had more invoices to come and he knew nothing about the repayment, eventually he said we were due a refund but it would take over 11 days to get to us.

Today another invoice turned up for £400 but still no payment.  I have spent hours on the phone never to the same person no one knows what is happening and the promises are not worth the paper they are written on, which is just the same as the service.  We would never use BT again and advise people to go somewhere else.

We have today written to OFCOM for miss-selling and total incompetence by the company.  We have also submitted an invoice for:

RE:  Invoice for Miss selling by BT – RMVM 005

Miss selling of TV programmes and package      £250

Broad Band not working, Telephone not working and TV not working

Money outstanding from BT                      £112.50

Cost of Phone calls etc                              £275

I will give them 7 days to pay and then take them to court, my wife is ill from all the invoices we have received, the whole package not working and BT’s failure to sort this mess out which they caused and admitted they caused.

12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Contact details of Warren Buckley anyone

your post does not go to BT as this is a customer help customer forum  however it should be read by a form mod, a bt employee, who may be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 13

Hi Wasteofspace,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have faced, if you fill out the contact us form in the about me section of my profile, we can look into tis for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Highlighted
Wasteofspace
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Many thanks - I have been on the phone so much it was getting boring.

Wasteofspace
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I am back

Tags (1)
Wasteofspace
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Still no contact from anyone is ChristopherP is only person that works for BT outside India?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

it may take 5/6 working days for mods to get back to you after csending the email..  there is a queue of people wanting mod help and you have now joined it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
Message 8 of 13

Spoken to no less than 6 people in india and uk
now awaiting call back! I wonder if it will happen this time???
Have had probs with all bt services over the last months, vision, home hub, broadband, ect.
They insisted it was our fault to which I had an engineer out cost £42.
Earlier in this year also some one to test all our wiring, cost £62.
Both of which was a BT fault in the end.
I am asking for compensation for exs, plus refund for loss of services, will also consider sendind a bill for my time and energy, which to date is considerable
Message 9 of 13

Yes where is Warren Buckley?? I want him too, just about to take my case to the ombudsman/Ofcom, will anyone take any notice of a mere CUSTOMER?!!

Margaret Francis

Message 10 of 13

Can you help me as well?

Regards Margaret Francis