cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

County Broadband trying to entice the whole village.....

Openreach have been installing the fibre cable in our village and it's due to go live soon, I think.

Last week, the whole village received a letter in the post from County Broadband inviting everyone to an open meeting in our village hall next week. I know this is all probably sales bravado, but, they are offering "futureproof, Ultrafast Broadband up to 1000Mbps" and "fibre to the property" with a "limited time offer saving £225 connection fee" They are making out that the only way we'd be getting fibre would be to go through them and they are the ones installing all the cables.

My questions are...

1. Is this all complete BS?

2. How do I find out if BT will be running the fibre to the property? Or just to the pole? (My cable from the pole is over 40 years old!)

I'm planning on going to the meeting, whether it be to consider signing up, or warn other village residents against the sign up. Depends on what advice you guys can give in relation to this. I would like to go as well informed as possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: County Broadband trying to entice the whole village.....

This is a BT Retail forum, I suggest that you ask Openreach what they propose to do, they supply connections to lots of providers, not just BT Retail.

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should have put that I'm with BT at the moment and would gladly remain with them if they are offering the same as County.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The forum rules prohibits discussions regarding comparisons along with pros and cons of other ISPs.

Message 5 of 5

Ah, Thanks. Sorry about that. Just trying to get more info, rather than the one sided view we got through the post and couldn't find out much whilst searching the web.