cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Delayed contract

Go to solution

Your guys are putting cable into our neighbour. Can we have it too? We have a contract with another broadband provider for the next 9 months. But your guys are here now! They can connect us tomorrow and we can start our contract in nine months.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Delayed contract

Go to solution

@ynecawla 

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a BT Retail customer forum.

It would be Openreach that are doing any external work, so you need to ask your current provider about it.

https://www.openreach.com/

This forum has nothing to do with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
The man knocking on the door definitely said he was from BT. When I asked him about being connected, he said to contact BT
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
If I want fibre broadband from BT why would Openreach know if I can have a delayed start to my broadband contract?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

the person installing fibre at your neighbours is from openreach  BT Retail have nothing to do with the fibre installation

Try your current provider first as openreach work for all ISP apart from virgin so you may be able to order from current provider and keep current contract.  

if your ISP does not do FTTP then only bt placing an order for contract and installation with BT Retail will you get FTTP and it will not be delayed for 9 months  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks - that's great news.

I assume BT would 'sort' the remaining nine months of my contract with my current provider?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
p.s. I do not know what FTTP is. Or ISP for that matter.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

If you decided to move to BT to get FTTP (Fibre to the premises) and still in contract to your existing ISP (internet service provider) then you have to pay cancellation fees to your current ISP for terminating contract early

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
So, to answer my original question, is there an option to put the connection in now but delay joining BT until the nine months is up?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@ynecawla wrote:
So, to answer my original question, is there an option to put the connection in now but delay joining BT until the nine months is up?

No, for Openreach to install a connection, there has to be an order from a provider, as that is where they get the money from.

BT Retail do have a scheme where they will refund some cancellation fees.

http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-has-never-been-easier-11363926763644

That is something you would have to ask about.

0 Ratings