cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Disappearing Posts

Go to solution

Hi

I'm not sure where to post this as there does not seem to be a Help option on the forum.  I posted two messages today and both have disappeared.  The second one flashed up that it had been "marked as spam" and I was given an option to contact the moderator to report abuse, which I did but so far have not had a response.  I don't understand this at all.  Can anyone help, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disappearing Posts

Go to solution

@Scoozi 

Was it the one about fibre broadband?

The Khoros spam detection can be a bit over zealous, especially on long posts. 

I can see your post in my RSS archive feed, and it is rather long.

I will not reproduce the content in full here, as its likely to be rejected.

Here is part of it.

"Fibre broadband has only recently become available in my area, so I phoned BT to asked questions about the packages on offer via My BT with a view to signing up for one of them.  Firstly, I asked why there was a personalised offer of Fibre 1 but not Fibre 2 (there were other packages offered too).  I was told that with Fibre 2 my copper cable from the green box would have to be replaced as it was too old.  I then asked if that would also be the case for the Fibre 1 option"

If you would like to post again, but keep it short and simple, and it should not get rejected.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, this was the post.  I actually posted a similar one again after the first one disappeared, so I'll try again and make it shorter.

Many thanks!

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Scoozi 

Yes I can see both of those posts, but they are no longer on public view.

I think the spam filter uses AI, long posts of often assumed to be auto generated, so keep it simple, even if you have to split it.

You question relates to package prices, so the Bills and Packages board would be the best place to post.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

May questions actually relate to fibre broadband installation.