cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Does it violate BT's T&Cs to allow my neighbour to use my broadband wifi?

Go to solution

I would like to let my pensioner neighbour use my wifi as they cannot afford their own. I do not require lectures about the wisdom of doing so. I only want to know if BT allows me to do so. I have spent some time in the T&Cs and can not find anything that prohibits it. Only a statement saying I am responsible for the activity of anyone I allow to use my network.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does it violate BT's T&Cs to allow my neighbour to use my broadband wifi?

Go to solution

up to you who you allow to share your wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@cowshill wrote:

Only a statement saying I am responsible for the activity of anyone I allow to use my network.

That is the only proviso,  BT don't care or know who has your wifi password.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you mean you home wifi connection, then that is up to you. If you mean "BT-WiFi" then no, as that would mean given them your BT login details, which would allow them to access your account.

Bear in mind that BT do have a cheap broadband package for people on certain benefits, which may be an option for your neighbour.

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials

0 Ratings