cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MZRDrainge
Message 1 of 16

Email signature hijacked by bt wifi and?

Hi anyone know how I get rid of the bt advert in the footer of my email sig in outlook, I've tried file/options/signatures it does not appear in the nor when I create an email just seems to appear when sent. 

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of MZR Drainage. Warning: Although MZR has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

MZR Plumbing services Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number:

BT Wi-fi

Get connected to BT Wi-fi

Already a customer? Log in now

Need help?

Account BT Wi-fi (incl. BT Openzone) BT Broadband BT Business Broadband Vodafone UK

Username

Password

Having trouble logging in?

Not already a customer? Buy instant access now

• 1 hour  Buy
  • £4
  • 1 dayUnder 42p per hourUnder 42p per hourBuy
  • £10
  • Great valueUnder 21p per hourUnder 21p per hourBuy
  • £25
  • 5 day
  • 30 dayUnder 6p per hourUnder 6p per hourBuy
  • £39

The world’s largest wi-fi network with over 14 million hotspots

Join BT Broadband to get unlimited free global wi-fi. More

15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email signature hijacked by bt wifi and?

Do you mean in the email client named Outlook or the email service Outlook.com?

Who is your email supplier?

MZRDrainge
Message 3 of 16

We have our own domain name @mzrplumbing.com and use outlook as the email client, we have only had this problem since Thursday when we used the free wifi by our new office, no we have bt broadband fitted we do not use the free wifi. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

How are you viewing the emails with the signature, is it in a web browser? If it is I would suggest that you clear the browsers cookies and history.

MZRDrainge
Message 5 of 16

No via outlook 

Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

@MZRDraingewrote:

No via outlook 

How are you connecting to your internet account? Is it a business account?

Are you saying that everyone you send emails is getting the extended signature as shown in your initial post? Did they tell you that this was happening? Have you tried sending an email to (for example) a personal private email address to see it?

MZRDrainge
Message 7 of 16

Hi yes a customer told me about the signature and so I emailed my other account and it was there !! I call bt the didn't want to know !!! 

Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

@MZRDraingewrote:

Hi yes a customer told me about the signature and so I emailed my other account and it was there !! I call bt the didn't want to know !!! 

What about the initial question on how you're connecting to the internet ...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

I can only suggest that you delete your signature then close and restart Outlook before adding it again.

If that doesn't help have a look at this thread. Obviously you are not adding a signature but it shows where the signatures are stored and you can check to see what is stored there and if need be delete it.

https://fertileminds.com/2015/06/how-to-add-an-html-signature-file-in-outlook-2013/

MZRDrainge
Message 10 of 16

BT Broadband ?