Beginner
Stefluc

Error Message

Please can anyone help me I am not the best with computers,but over the last week or so,I have just started to receive an error message that never used ot appear,I could send e-mails to my doctor's for repeat prescription but now the following error message appears message  

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'braithwaiteroadsurgery@nhs.net.'. Subject 'Repeat Prescription', Account: 'bielizna@btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 Syntax error in arguments', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

No matter what I do i just cant resolve it it doesnt happen to any other outgoing  or incoming e-mails from any one else.sorry,to be a pain

Stefluc

Expert
IanC

Re: Error Message

I'm looking at this on a small screen, but you appear to have a dot after nhs.net
Beginner
Stefluc

Re: Error Message

Thanks for that Ian I tried it and it seems to have sent the e-mail no problem now,it's amazing what you get to know when you ask.

Stefluc