cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Exchange Alarm

Go to solution

I've just been past Exchange WWSPET and there is an alarm sounding.  At the entrance there is a repeating voice saying "Fixture Alarm" or something similar.

Building looks, on the face of it, to be secure but I did not want to start trying handles and doors.

I'm sure this things get reported by the alarm system centrally but for completeness I thought I would throw it on here for a Mod.

M 😉

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Exchange Alarm

Go to solution

It has nothing to do with BT RETAIL. You need to report to openreach

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Slvrbck 

It will be "System Alarm" and will be seen by the alarm monitoring people, so nothing to worry about. A moderator could not deal with this.

You may see a number printed on the wall outside of the exchange, if you are concerned, then give them a call.

It may be worth calling through to BT Security on 0800 321 999 to report this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

It has nothing to do with BT RETAIL. You need to report to openreach

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

Nothing to do with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Both the chappy at BT and the lady at BT security were aminable.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Slvrbck wrote:

Both the chappy at BT and the lady at BT security were aminable.

They should be, as they do rely on public help. Leave it like that and do not place yourself in any danger, as there may be intruders you cannot see, usually after cable.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Bless you 🙂

I'm a sensible, big hairy thing with a big grumpy bull dog and I'm not silly enough to put myself at risk for a bit of BT kit but I appreciate the sentiment. 🙂

If I'm honest I think I heard it last night...

I'm guessing it just needs a reset but it does beg a question about the monitoring...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Its more likely to be a false alarm due to a door not closing properly. The rain and wind tend to do this. I am a BT pensioner, but have worked in the exchanges for nearly 42 years.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I sure you are correct.  It's just the Boy Scout an a healthy bit of technical OCD in me that makes me do something 🙂

I'm closer to pension than school so appreciate the value of experience 🙂

0 Ratings