cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bball
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 68

Re: Experiences with Openreach Community Fibre Partnership for FTTP

It's not in a spam folder is it? I'm sure you have looked.
I only mention it because mine was. Arrived on a Sunday too.
MABParkes
Beginner
Message 62 of 68

Yes - checked 'spam' several times and as I mentioned i/we have tried to register one than once.

bball
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 68

That is dissappointing!

Sorry I can't offer any more help.

Jane-H
Beginner
Message 64 of 68

This is the portal link we used. hope it works for you.

https://communityfibre.openreach.co.uk/portal/community/

Aldon
Beginner
Message 65 of 68

A one liner to confirm the Openreach Community Leads Portal is up and working at this time.

Vas_
Beginner
Message 66 of 68

Hi everyone,

I am really struggling to find how to setup a community application for the full fibre to premises. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

NeilO
Message 67 of 68

Hi Vas_ welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the Openreach Community Fibre application needs to be done via the Openreach website.

pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 68 of 68

Great Staughton Community Fibre Partnership

I reported on 9th January that Openreach’s response to our submission was “it is awaiting final funding approval”. Despite chasing Openreach and Connecting Cambridgeshire on a regular basis, I have still not had a response of any kind.

I have, however, received this general circular from Openreach :-

“If you have received an offer that is subject to contract for your community and wish to make use of the Rural Gigabit Vouchers to fund your share of your Community Fibre Partnership, we will need to have confirmation of acceptance of your final offer by 15th February. We will then submit this to the BDUK for approval and will be need have all required vouchers approved and issued to the members of your community by 31st March 2021.”

Since I never received any final offer, I can only conclude that Openreach’s initial response was so far short of the target that it did not consider it worth considering further.

Regrettably, apart from the properties in The Town which are scheduled to get FTTP installed by mid-2021 as planned, the rest of the village will have to make do with the slow and unreliable service for a few more years.

Nobody is more disappointed than me that we failed to get enough registrations.

I’m sure that with opportunities to discuss the process face to face during the normal village gatherings, as was done in the very successful FTTC campaign, we would have stood a good chance.